• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Cleaners screwed up my roll...how to fix

jays978

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I recently brought my suit to the dry cleaners and it came back with the lapel's width downsized as if it were one of those slimmy slim suits. I need to wear it for an interview next week but the thing will look so off even if I wore 2.5-2.75" tie. Should I just hold an iron near the roll and steam it back to normal. It's an RLBL Anthony suit for those that are familiar.

alliswell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Take it to the best tailor/alterations guy you can find and pay him to press it.

Frodo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
why are most dry cleaners such dumb freaks?

They have a cruel talent for doing the EXACT opposite of what I ask. Lab coats that I want pressed flat as a board come back with a perfect 3/2 roll. My favorite blazer comes back with the lapels smashed flat into the chest.

jays978

Reaction score
yeah thing is...my tailor is a woman. She obviously is competent but I wouldn't expect her to be that knowledgeable about lapels and such either. Such a small problem, but I don't know what the hell to do. Get books and weigh them down?

alliswell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jays978
my tailor is a woman.

Go find a new tailor. Where do you live?

OttoSkadelig

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jays978
Hey guys,

I recently brought my suit to the dry cleaners and it came back with the lapel's width downsized as if it were one of those slimmy slim suits. I need to wear it for an interview next week but the thing will look so off even if I wore 2.5-2.75" tie. Should I just hold an iron near the roll and steam it back to normal. It's an RLBL Anthony suit for those that are familiar.

yes. press it completely flat. in most cases it should will bounce back into its old roll, which should still naturally flow from the collar area. certainly an RLBL should; a cheap fused suit would have a lower chance of success.

don't get why people are talking about sending you to a tailor?

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami

• Lego x Levi's