1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Classy selfie stick?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Counterfactual, Jan 2, 2016.

1. GBR

GBR Senior member

Then you would not have either bought from IndoChino or deluded yourself that these are anything but rags. "the epitome of bespoke" for suits comes from Saville Row or Chris Despos.

2. Counterfactual

Counterfactual Well-Known Member

I am surely mistaken in detecting some hostility in your tone. I have modeled my own style after a few contemporary icons: the proprietor of the weblog Voxsartoria, the author Martin Mosebach, and Prince Charles. Perhaps none of them would purchase Indochino, but I believe that I have been able to achieve similar or greater effect at much lower cost.

3. sleepyinsanfran

sleepyinsanfran Senior member

Last edited: Jan 4, 2016
  4. 12345Michael54321

12345Michael54321 Senior member

If it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, the law's likely to treat it as a duck.

It's sort of how if you sell brass paperweights which are dimensionally identical to brass knuckles, they're going to be treated as brass knuckles, not as harmless paperweights. (Yes, it's been tried.) And carrying around a "condiment dispensing device" which sprays 400,000 SHU "high intensity food seasoning," onto your food (at a distance of up to 7 feet) at the push of a button, will still be treated as a canister of pepper spray. (Also been tried.)

'Bout the only dodge along these lines which still usually flies is carrying around a 4 C-cell Maglite flashlight. Even though everyone knows it's really just a substitute lead pipe. And even with the Maglite, it's often helpful to have some handy darkness available, to explain why you were carrying it around.

Of course, laws/regulations/interpretations/policies/etc. can vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction.