• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"Classic" V-neck pullover for resonable price

Pittjens

Reaction score
Hi!

As you can see in the header i am looking for V-neck pullovers.

This is the type of pullover i am looking for:

* One colored

* No logo(or a really discrete one)

* Quite Slim

* Decent material, like lambswool or merino, maybe a cashmere blend.

* Decent price, maybe 50-150$!?

Example:

I really love the tobacco colored pullover from this brand!

http://www.countrysports.se/store/products/william-lockie-slim-fit-lambswool-vee-neck

I hope you understand what i am looking for, English is not my first language!

nandoferd

Reaction score
Hello there,

I have the same question. Could anyone give a hint please?
I like the Peter Scott jumpers quality wise. But all producers seem to follow the new trend of making the "V" much smaller than it used to be.
Does anyone know a good Pullover brand that makes the V-neck jumpers the way they used to be?

Any hints will be appreciated.

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've got a few in B&S, shameless plug

msulinski

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll second this. I passed up on a Uniqlo V-neck because I was actually trying to find a smaller V to wear without a tie. The Uniqlo V was a little too big. The Banana Republic one was more what I was looking for.

The Uniqlo cashmere is $80 and the Merino wool is $30.

Edit: Even with the slightly larger V of the Uniqlo, it is still not as large as the V of a sweater I just bought at Daffy's. I don't remember the brand.

Last edited:

JapanAlex01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Uniqlo have made the best cheap-to-quality-to-fit ratio jumper I have ever, ever found.

Louis XIV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Uniqlo has not hold its form to my liking and I only own that one sweater for a few month.

KObalto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sierra Trading Post has some nice Johnston's of Elgin on deep discount (sign up for their email deal flyers for extra discounts). I'm not sure what shipping to Great Britain costs.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads