• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Classic Style magazine

Jovan

Banned for Good
Reaction score
Some of the things are a bit contrived, especially the women in the '50s costume.
No more a "costume" than a man who wears a suit from the '40s. Would you say someone is wearing a costume if they were styled in the way of the '70s hipsters?

Master Shake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by yachtie
Be nice if I got the copy to start my subscription. Anyone else experience a long wait for the first copy?
Yeah, it's been a while.

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jovan
No more a "costume" than a man who wears a suit from the '40s. Would you say someone is wearing a costume if they were styled in the way of the '70s hipsters?
Yes; if they wore a '70s hipster suit.

Jovan

Banned for Good
Reaction score
Everyone has their own sense of aesthetics is my point. Calling it a "costume" comes off as a bit of a cheap insult.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Everyone has their own sense of aesthetics is my point. Calling it a "costume" comes off as a bit of a cheap insult.
Well, when you can't afford to send the very best...

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That is not aesthetics; calling it aesthetics is tantamount to saying a wino is a free spirit.

jamesbond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Never heard of the magazine untill now. Didnt GQ do an article on Jack Taylor somewhat recently? I hope they didnt use the same auther who did the GQ article and had a bespoke suit made for him by Jack.

I will definetly keep an eye out for it.

kabert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I picked up a copy at Barnes & Noble about 6 weeks ago. Very nice, and I'm looking forward to the next one.

Everyone's got ideas about new mags, I'm sure. . . but, I'd like to see something like the in-depth interviews that the NYTimes magazine does, but sartorial superstars rather than the literary types the NYT usually does. There was a great interview in today's magazine, for example.

MK_

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr Sand
That sounds very interesting...
Does anyone know how succesful the magazine has been so far? And when will the next issue be released?

First let me say that this my first post at the Style Forum though many of you know me at Ask Andy and the Fedora Lounge. I am the publisher of Classic Style and I am glad you are enjoying the magazine. We will be looking at threads at all the boards to see what is on your mind and what you want to read. I trust you will find this magazine speaks to you....not at you. Our hope is that you find it refreshing to read a publication that isn't just parroting advertiser's press releases. For better or worse, we will be different.

Some of you have been asking about the content for our next issue.

The big feature is on suits. We will cover:
The best way to buy off the rack
armholes
Cloth
Bespoke
Savile Row
Six great suits for under $600
Buying suits on E-bay.
Bogart's suit from The Big Sleep.

Also we have these stories:
Past style icon: Veronica Lake
Current style icon: Alec Baldwin

Apparel Arts: Rare books that were the sartorial guiding light of the golden era.

Our featured city: Boston

....and of course columns by our talented writers including Manton.

It is hitting stores now.

Happy Reading!

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sounds like this will be really good. Good topics and focus. I particularly like the idea of buying OTR and from EBay. That's something that most of us can us rather than another story about....well, Saville Row (but some of that is okay too).
wink.gif

bob

Originally Posted by MK_
Some of you have been asking about the content for our next issue.

The big feature is on suits. We will cover:
The best way to buy off the rack
armholes
Cloth
Bespoke
Savile Row
Six great suits for under $600
Buying suits on E-bay.
Bogart's suit from The Big Sleep.

Also we have these stories:
Past style icon: Veronica Lake
Current style icon: Alec Baldwin

Apparel Arts: Rare books that were the sartorial guiding light of the golden era.

Our featured city: Boston

....and of course columns by our talented writers including Manton.

It is hitting stores now.

Happy Reading!

yachtie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
That is not aesthetics; calling it aesthetics is tantamount to saying a wino is a free spirit.

I think a wino wants some free spirits.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 82 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.2%

Forum statistics

Threads