• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Classic Rock 'n' Roll Boots?

themaskedcorndog

Reaction score
This has been reposted from Men's Clothing because evidently that is not really the appropriate section for my question.

I'm desperately trying to find some bitchin' black rock 'n' roll boots such as those worn by Iggy Pop, Bob Dylan, the entire Velvet Underground, etc. Any clue as to where I could get some? Preferably those that would work with skinnier pants as shown in the attached photos.

Thanks

p.s. photos in order- Bob Dylan, Iggy Pop, and Richard Hell

Ludeykrus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Try those photos again.

hossoso

Coward and P*ssy
Reaction score
Pics don't work. I'm guessing you want chelsea boots. How much have you got to spend? And, next time, threads like this should just be posts in the small question thread.

hossoso

Coward and P*ssy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hossoso
Pics don't work. I'm guessing you want chelsea boots. How much have you got to spend? And, next time, threads like this should just be posts in the small question thread.
I'm good. Go to www.ctshirts.com and look under shoes>>>boots. Made in England chelsea boots for 249.00 on sale. Not the greatest but far from the worst. If you have a big budget the suggestions will change drastically.

themaskedcorndog

Reaction score
Oh, thanks for clarifying. Uh, chelsea boots are alright, but often just too over-the-top sleek and pointy as opposed to nicely rounded. Those boots Dylan is wearing almost look like they could be these: http://www.bootbarn.com/itemview/men...ar/All/All/All Except I doubt his jeans would fit over the top. However, those are spanish boots of spanish leather amirite? Just kidding. My price range is less than or equal to 200-250 USD, I suppose.

hossoso

Coward and P*ssy
Reaction score
Charles Tyrwhitt chelseas have a rounded toe. I have some myself and I hate witch shoes.

hossoso

Coward and P*ssy
Reaction score
If you want a really bulbous toe you can always go with Frye. Those are cheaper, I think.

themaskedcorndog

Reaction score
Thanks a lot. I think I prefer the brown distress leather ankle boot also found on that site in terms of everything except the color and the toe but I guess that's just getting into nitpickiness.

Are H by Hudson boots worth a damn? I liked the H by Hudson "Black Nevada" boot Oak was selling for a while but can no longer find them and don't even know if they are of quality.

hossoso

Coward and P*ssy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by themaskedcorndog
Thanks a lot. I think I prefer the brown distress leather ankle boot also found on that site in terms of everything except the color and the toe but I guess that's just getting into nitpickiness.

Are H by Hudson boots worth a damn? I liked the H by Hudson "Black Nevada" boot Oak was selling for a while but can no longer find them and don't even know if they are of quality.

If you search H by Hudson here you will not find favorable reviews. I have never personally held or worn them but I remember a bit ago they had a blowout on Yoox and a few members bought some and were pissed. Some guy made a whole thread about it so it shouldn't be hard to search for. I think those brown boots from CT are awesome, probably the only thing I would consider buying from them these days, maybe the navy desert boots...

themaskedcorndog

Reaction score
If you search H by Hudson here you will not find favorable reviews. I have never personally held or worn them but I remember a bit ago they had a blowout on Yoox and a few members bought some and were pissed. Some guy made a whole thread about it so it shouldn't be hard to search for. I think those brown boots from CT are awesome, probably the only thing I would consider buying from them these days, maybe the navy desert boots...

Thanks again... I was unfamiliar with Yoox which seems like a good source for things.

Do you have any idea how comfortable or practical those chelsea boots are? Are they a suffer for fashion situation or a popularity due to practicality kind of thing?

hossoso

Coward and P*ssy
Reaction score
Thanks again... I was unfamiliar with Yoox which seems like a good source for things.

Do you have any idea how comfortable or practical those chelsea boots are? Are they a suffer for fashion situation or a popularity due to practicality kind of thing?

The Tyrwhitt boots? They're comfortable. Probably a lot more comfortable than the boots the guys in the pics you posted were wearing. CT has a great return policy and pretty quick shipping (even to the US). Definitely not a "suffer for fashion situation". CT is generally a bit conservative but these boots seem to meet all of your criteria (in that they are chelsea and not too pointy).

Biscotti

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here are my RM Williams cuban heeled tamworths; I think they are about what your looking for.

DSC00023.jpg

And to get an idea of the toes:

DSC00048.jpg

milosz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Doc Martens and Red Wing both make rounded-toe Chelseas.

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Uh, chelsea boots are alright, but often just too over-the-top sleek and pointy as opposed to nicely rounded.
Dude, if you want bitchin' kick-ass rock-n-roll boots ala the Velvets and Dylan, you need to go with pointed toes.
gd8847721965newyorknewy.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads