Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Classic Navy Peacoat

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Alistar, Nov 22, 2015.

1. Alistar

Alistar New Member

Hello everyone!

It's been a while since I posted and was looking for some advice. My old peacoat is looking a bit sorry for itself so the time has come to replace it with a newer model, the question is which one would be the best investment piece!

Have been looking through a variety of websites and shops and narrowed the selection down to the links below -

Sunspel Peacoat

Tomas Maier Peacoat

Private White Peacoat

If anyone has any further recommendations of brands/companies which manufacture quality wool peacoats please let me know!

£600-700 would be my absolute limit with regards to price (in fact I'm waiting for the sales to arrive on the 27th to try and knock a good chunk of these prices down).

I'm 5'8" so have always loved the peacoat as a piece which has a formal/informal side for the shorter man, and will pretty much be my single 'winter' coat throughout the cold months in the UK. Possibility of a short topcoat/overcoat in camel as an alternative.

What are your thoughts on the above?

Thank you for any and all advice!