1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Classic Navy Peacoat by SchottNYC

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Soph, Sep 5, 2006.

1. Sartorially Challenged

Sartorially Challenged Senior member

What's your normal suit size, 44?

Thank you for the detailed response.

2. Soph

Soph Senior member

What's your normal suit size, 44?

Thank you for the detailed response.

I usually wear a 42 R in suits
    In motorcycle jackets I wear a Medium consistently
    But I'm a solid 42 R.

I tried it on again, after your questions, and have determine that the shoulders/length and sleeves are dead on.
    I don't see peacoats in genernal as having a waist suppression.
    The Schott's and the authentic have virtually the same fit. They do have high armholes both but neither has a major waist suppression.
    I'm not sure how that would look on a coat such as this with an 8 button front.....Would be interesting to see.
    If you want major waist suppression on a pea coat I would go bespoke but it'll cost you an arm and a leg.

However the fit is slim and in the classic model of the traditional Navy peacoat. They are very similar in look/fit with Schott having better materials /comfort / feel imo. I really like the Dark Brown leather over the black. The forum has reallly changed me into appreciating browns of blacks even with coats.

With your hands in the pockets, it look really great. Here is what the Schott looks like on from what matches the way mine fits to an online photo of a Schott.
    This is what you get in look/style/silhouette although the colors in this photo are horrid and inaccurate of true schott
    [​IMG]
    I'd go with the classic styling as it will never go out of style.

3. Swededude

Swededude Senior member

I'm looking at the american-armynavy site and thinking about ordering a pea coat for the winter. I really did not know that they were as warm as you say they are, but I'm guessing that if it's enough for a canadian winter it will also work for a swedish winter.

I'm guessing that the "32 oz. Quilted Lined
    Navy Pea Coat" is warmer than the "22 oz. Satin Lined
    Navy Pea Coat". 32 oz./22 oz. is refering to the weight, right?

4. Swededude

Swededude Senior member

I'm looking at the american-armynavy site and thinking about ordering a pea coat for the winter. I really did not know that they were as warm as you say they are, but I'm guessing that if it's enough for a canadian winter it will also work for a swedish winter.

I'm guessing that the "32 oz. Quilted Lined
    Navy Pea Coat" is warmer than the "22 oz. Satin Lined
    Navy Pea Coat". 32 oz./22 oz. is refering to the weight, right?

I'd also like to know if anybody knows; I'm 73 inches long (don't know how to translate the metric scale to normal height numbers), should I go with a regular or a long one?

5. j

j Senior member Admin

I'd say a regular unless you want it a bit long. You could go either, but the regular will look better IMO.