• We would like to welcome American Trench as an official Affiliate Vendor. American Trench is a Philadelphia based outerwear, apparel, and accessories brand, making all of its products in the United States at (mostly) family owned factories. . Please visit the American Trench thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Classic Menswear as muscular guy

refinery

Reaction score
Wow, I finally found a thread where people feel my pain when it comes to finding something that fits.
I'm probably the same size as the topicstarter:
Height: 5'11"
Weight: 210 lbs (95 kg)
Chest: 48.2"
Waist: 37.8"
Arms: 18.5".
Typically buy shirts 17 34/35, but jackets are next to impossible to buy unaltered. And the tailors have a real hard time taking them in and keeping the shape. The pants are always huge and billowy with the 46R suits, especially since my thighs are not very big. Is a better route to go to Suit Supply and have it made to measure, or do full bespoke? The latter would probably be very expensive, but the options are limited. Can't even imagine what more muscular guys do...
Depending on your city, you might have some places locally that can do MTM/bespoke at much cheaper than the typical names mentioned on StyleForum. My ideal is next time Divij Hemrajani (son of Joe from [the now defunct?] MyTailor) visits my city, I'll probably make an appointment.

@chad_park_ from B&Tailor gives me hope that classic menswear can still look very good on bodybuilders. If I ever get a chance to visit South Korea...

BB_Adept

Reaction score
B&T does look good, but are unavailable in Europe, at least as of right now.

As I said, I ordered a sport coat from Lopez Aragon and so far the order process is working splendidly fine. Before I ordered we exchanged around 10 emails, pictures, measurements etc. I am excited to see what the sport coat looks like.

refinery

Reaction score
B&T does look good, but are unavailable in Europe, at least as of right now.

As I said, I ordered a sport coat from Lopez Aragon and so far the order process is working splendidly fine. Before I ordered we exchanged around 10 emails, pictures, measurements etc. I am excited to see what the sport coat looks like.
Interested to see how it turns out. Might be something I'd try at least once. Looking for something that can evoke the softness in Neapolitan jackets.

rosomax

Reaction score
Guys, any recommendations in the US? I'm in Denver, CO. We have SuitSupply and Indochino here, both not very good for unusual bodies, such as ours.

BB_Adept

Reaction score
Interested to see how it turns out. Might be something I'd try at least once. Looking for something that can evoke the softness in Neapolitan jackets.
So far I myself did not order neapolitan jackets. The high armhole does not sound like a good idea. I have big lats and can even feel my arms touching the armhole in a conventional jacket.

Featured Sponsor

What do you spend most of your clothing budget on?

• Outerwear

• Tailoring

• Sportswear

• Footwear

• Accessories

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jpiap