• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

classic coat or parka for strong winter searched!

gasfisher

Reaction score
hey to all of you!
I am new here and I am searching for help.
For long time now I am searching for a proper winter coat.
I live in sweden where winters get pretty rough sometimes, so I am looking for some really warm and thick winterjacket.

There are some points that are important to me:
- I like classic and stylish clothing. No modern plastic outdoor ware. no bright colours.
- materials: waxed cotton or similar. with leather maybe. woolen inlay or maybe down feather.
- high quality.
- diagonal pockets to have hands in them comfortably.
- it should have a hood.

In the past i have been waring german bundeswehr-Parka. wich I liked a lot because it was extremly comfortable. but now I need something more waterproof and warmer.

Bildschirmfoto 2020-11-13 um 13.49.58.png

Bildschirmfoto 2020-11-13 um 13.49.30.png

then while searching in the web I found the coats from manifattura ceccarelli from italy. I like the quality of their products. nice waxed cotton. good inlays. BUT the pockets on all their jackets look verry uncomfortable. (to high up) otherwise I would have bought one of those....

Bildschirmfoto 2020-11-13 um 13.53.39.png

Bildschirmfoto 2020-11-13 um 13.54.03.png

So my question to you is, if anybody knows some good brands for highquality coats from natural material?
do you have an ideas where I could find my "dream parka"?

I am thankfull for any help!!

JDelage

Reaction score
Freewheelers has a couple items like that (but not easy to source & size from Japan, and super duper expensive). E.g.:

- https://desolation-row.stores.jp/items/5f7ffad60850a01cc81154e8
- https://mcfly-store.com/collections...b-11-winter-flying-jacket-1931026-khaki-green
- https://mcfly-store.com/collections...lers-pointer-field-jacket-2021015-olive-green
- https://mcfly-store.com/collections...hunting-coat-2021013-forest-green-jet-black-1

Iron Heart also makes an amazing mountain parka: https://www.ironheart.co.uk/jackets/ihj-75-kha.html

I'm looking for something like you, only I don't have to deal with your extremes in temp.

TheShetlandSweater

Reaction score
hey to all of you!
I am new here and I am searching for help.
For long time now I am searching for a proper winter coat.
I live in sweden where winters get pretty rough sometimes, so I am looking for some really warm and thick winterjacket.

There are some points that are important to me:
- I like classic and stylish clothing. No modern plastic outdoor ware. no bright colours.
- materials: waxed cotton or similar. with leather maybe. woolen inlay or maybe down feather.
- high quality.
- diagonal pockets to have hands in them comfortably.
- it should have a hood.

In the past i have been waring german bundeswehr-Parka. wich I liked a lot because it was extremly comfortable. but now I need something more waterproof and warmer.

View attachment 1496162

View attachment 1496163

then while searching in the web I found the coats from manifattura ceccarelli from italy. I like the quality of their products. nice waxed cotton. good inlays. BUT the pockets on all their jackets look verry uncomfortable. (to high up) otherwise I would have bought one of those....

View attachment 1496164
View attachment 1496165

So my question to you is, if anybody knows some good brands for highquality coats from natural material?
do you have an ideas where I could find my "dream parka"?

I am thankfull for any help!!

How cold of temperatures will you be exposed to?

Also, where in Sweden are you? There are a lot of good menswear stores in Sweden and it might be best to just go to one near you and try different options out.

gasfisher

Reaction score
Hi!
thanks for your replies! :)

How cold of temperatures will you be exposed to?
good question. I will not be sitting 5 hours in the forrest at -25°C. Honestly last year we had not even real snow.... but yes temperatures can go down to -10 or -20 for some weeks here near Stockholm area. And there is a lot of wind here wich is worse then low temperatures.

I still did not find what I want to have.
But in hours of searching in the web I found some more interesting products that I want to share with you:

I realy like the style of the fleur de bagne products. for example the aviator coat unfortunately it is short and without a hood.

:( still hoping for some good hints from experts here! :)
thanks a lot!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads