• We would like to welcome Craftsman Clothing back as an official Affiliate Vendor. Craftsman Clothing is a brand for the refined men who want to look good with minimal effort, and care about products that are well-made. In additon to being a go-to brand for all things essential, Craftsman Clothing also offers bespoke outerwear that’s uniquely crafted for you. Please visit their thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Classic clothing in Europe - alternatives to Cordings etc after Brexit

lukescic

Reaction score
I was wondering whether anybody knew of some European (EU) alternatives to Cordings, which is my go-to online shop for trousers, suits, and jackets. The reason for this is that the 40% duty + VAT which would be imposed on British goods despatched to Malta after the hard Brexit which seems ever likelier would make their clothing completely unaffordable for me.

The alternatives I'm finding at present (such as Mariano Rubinacci and Lanieri) all seem to be much, much dearer. The only retailer offering similar prices which I can find is SuitSupply, and I very much doubt that the quality is the same.

Is anybody aware of a good value European outfitter which offers classic clothing with the sort of quality-to-price ratio that one gets at Cordings?

MarkWinter

Reaction score
I was wondering whether anybody knew of some European (EU) alternatives to Cordings, which is my go-to online shop for trousers, suits, and jackets. The reason for this is that the 40% duty + VAT which would be imposed on British goods despatched to Malta after the hard Brexit which seems ever likelier would make their clothing completely unaffordable for me.

The alternatives I'm finding at present (such as Mariano Rubinacci and Lanieri) all seem to be much, much dearer. The only retailer offering similar prices which I can find is SuitSupply, and I very much doubt that the quality is the same.

Is anybody aware of a good value European outfitter which offers classic clothing with the sort of quality-to-price ratio that one gets at Cordings?
Dear @lukescic ,

Sorry for the self promotion, but you might want to take a look at our selection of sportcoats and suits. We are an online retailer with 20 years of experience selling quality RTW tailoring. I would recommend you take a look at our selection from D'avenza and Castangia. Both companies make to a high quality and have a classic fit. Soon we will receive a nice collection of tweed jackets from Castangia, great for a similar look to Cordings. We have a nice range of cavalry twill trousers from D'avenza, which might be to your liking. If you have any questions about the products, feel free to send me a private message.

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have shopped for shirts at Cordings. Nothing else. Their tailored clothing has
a definite traditional British Country style which is not to my taste. Rubinacci etc
are not only much more expensive but are Neapolitan in style. They really are
not equivalent in style even if they cost the same as Cordings.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

HOW OFTEN DO YOU SHOP FOR CLOTHES ONLINE?

• I mainly buy my clothes online.

• I shop online only if there is a sale.

• I shop online when shipping and returns are free.

• I shop in store only for very expensive items I want to try on.

• I mainly shop in store.

Results are only viewable after voting.