1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Classic Cars

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Nantucket Red, Apr 19, 2006.

1. keesj

keesj New Member

this message is corrected

2. keesj

keesj New Member

The yellow/black one is a T57, i'm not sure whether it's a Atalante or a Ventoux. As far as I know it's a straight 6 engine. So one tailpipe for each cylinder seems to be a correct assumption.

The Bugatti with the 6 tail pipes is a 57 Atalante 'Toit Ouvrant' built by the factory itself (Most Bugattis were built by coach builders on a rolling chassis) on a design of Jean Bugatti personally! It is a 8 cylinder in line, 3.3 liter with a double overhead camshaft. The 6 tailpipes do not refer to the number of cylinders but are related to ground clearance: if it would be one pipe the diameter would have to be much larger and the pipe would stick out much lower. There is one large pipe from the exhaust manifold to the silencer and six pipes from there.

Thought you'd like to know.

Kees

3. Britalian

Britalian Senior member

I love the lines of the Ferrari Dino
    The only Ferrari to leave the factory senza the prancing horse, I've been informed...

(bad phone camera pic)
    [​IMG]

4. Oldboy

Oldboy Senior member

There's only two cars I've ever really wanted: Datsun 240Z I have a 1970 Datsun 240Z sitting in the garage that's waiting for a new paint job and engine rebuild. Here's what it will look like someday: [​IMG] Jaguar E-type convertible The E-type convertible is, in my humble opinion, the sexiest and sleekest car ever made. Beautiful, elegant, charismatic and powerful. [​IMG]

5. Nantucket Red

Nantucket Red Senior member

Jaguar E-type convertible
    The E-type convertible is, in my humble opinion, the sexiest and sleekest car ever made. Beautiful, elegant, charismatic and powerful.
    [​IMG]

You probably won't hear much argument on that point, though for my part I prefer earlier models to the one you have pictured.

6. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

[​IMG] 1954 Cadillac Pininfarina Cabriolet I've always loved the short-lived Continental Mark II as well, especially in a duo-tone: [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. Nantucket Red

The Allard J2X was equipped with a Cadillac engine.

[​IMG]

8. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

[​IMG]
    1954 Cadillac Pininfarina Cabriolet

labelking,

that is probably the sweetest pininfarina design i've ever seen! beautiful!!

9. Huntsman

Huntsman Senior member

True, that is a heck of a Caddy. I would like to have one of these in the stable someday: [​IMG] '57 Studebaker Golden Hawk Sweet E-Type above, too! I am very partial to the Series III E's with the 5.3L V-12. Funny thing is that I generally do not like convertibles, but I only like that car as a convertible. Regards, Huntsman

10. Nantucket Red

Studebaker was originally a company that made horse buggies and coaches, and then made the transition to automobile manufacturer. During the time they were in business, they must have put out a great many models.

The two cars the name Studebaker always brings to mind for me are the Hawk series and the Avanti.

11. Huntsman

Huntsman Senior member

Coachbuilders have a unique stylistic soul, don't they?

Funny you should mention the Avanti, as I nearly bought one 3-4 years ago, but I couldn't decide if I liked it for being stylish or for being an ugly duckling. Presumably I concluded it was the latter as I didn't get it -- good move as I wouldn't have wound up with the Jag if I'd gotten it.

12. Rodger A

Rodger A New Member

I knew your grandparents, Sylvia and Bob, they were fantastic people! In fact, this '32 Packard spent time in my dads shop while getting the upholstery done.

Always wondered who has it along with the Armleder truck

Rodger Craig

13. Foxhound

Foxhound Senior member