• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Clarks

Fabienne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last Saturday, I purchased a pair of half boots, black, with a 2 inch heel and flirty detail on the side of the leg. They are not the prettiest boots and not my best choice of height, but I can't afford to be overly picky: I have been trying to find a pair of boots for 3 winters now. My problem is size (I wear a 5 1/2 in boots) and fit (most, I'd say 85%, are terribly uncomfortable). For the record, I have tried everything I could in various cities from $80 to $800 in all styles imaginable.

Does anyone have experience with Clarks boots? Quality, how long they typically last, etc. It is my first time buying this brand. These were cheap: $125

epa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I never bought Clark boots, but this spring I bought a pair of rather solid looking Clark walking shoes (extra-wide) (around USD 130). They broke in July, and my shoe-repair man was not able to repair them. Very comfortable though, so I bought the same kind of shoe once again, in spite of the bad quality. At least, they are lovely to walk in.

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My results with Clarks have been pretty favorable. I bought one pair in 2002 for about a year they were my only casual/dog-walking shoes. I must have put about a thousand miles on them in that year and many more since then. I need to put some Shoe-Goo on the heels, but otherwise they are fine. I bought an identical pair about a year later, and they are still doing fine. A third pair of Clarks gave up the ghost after about 2 1/2 years of hard service, but they cost me all of $60. I feel I got my money's worth. All three shoes seem as though they would be impossible to beat for comfort.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
i like the look of the desert boots but have never owned any.

Fabienne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. I only hope they last two winters, that would be sufficient in my mind.

This is the model I bought:

http://clarks.zappos.com/n/p/dp/14943470/c/3.html

They are extremely comfortable, a bit less dressy than what I usually like to wear, but they work with a long skirt (like today) or a pair of pants.

phooi

Reaction score
I've had good luck with Clarks as well. I have a pair of all leather walking shoes that I've used for traveling and bad weather for at least 5 years. I don't do anything to maintain them yet they still look decent.

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fabienne
Thanks for the feedback. I only hope they last two winters, that would be sufficient in my mind.

They are extremely comfortable, a bit less dressy than what I usually like to wear, but they work with a long skirt (like today) or a pair of pants.

They look nice but this made me chuckle:

- Cement Construction: Adheres directly to the outsole with a bonding agent providing a lightweight and flexible construction.

Leaveitothexperts

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fabienne

lol8[1].gif
Forgive my ignorance; all this time I thought we were talking of a man's boot.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fabienne
Last Saturday, I purchased a pair of half boots, black, with a 2 inch heel and flirty detail on the side of the leg.
Originally Posted by Leaveitotheexperts
Forgive my ignorance; all this time I thought we were talking of a man's boot.
Do you usually buy men's boots that have 2" heal and flirty detail on the side of the leg?

fatherseanfan

Reaction score
I have found Clarks to be the best of the "second tier" shoe brands. I have a pair of brown slip-ons from them that I've worn hundreds of times over the last 4 years and they are still in near-perfect condition.

Leaveitothexperts

Reaction score
Originally Posted by drizzt3117
Do you usually buy men's boots that have 2" heal and flirty detail on the side of the leg?

Bythe number of my posts/join date, I am a real novice at SF talk/lingo.

"Maybe I have something to learn here" is what I was thinking . . .
laugh.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads