1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Clarks

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Fabienne, Oct 10, 2006.

1. Fabienne

Fabienne Well-Known Member

Last Saturday, I purchased a pair of half boots, black, with a 2 inch heel and flirty detail on the side of the leg. They are not the prettiest boots and not my best choice of height, but I can't afford to be overly picky: I have been trying to find a pair of boots for 3 winters now. My problem is size (I wear a 5 1/2 in boots) and fit (most, I'd say 85%, are terribly uncomfortable). For the record, I have tried everything I could in various cities from $80 to $800 in all styles imaginable.

Does anyone have experience with Clarks boots? Quality, how long they typically last, etc. It is my first time buying this brand. These were cheap: $125

2. epa

epa Well-Known Member

I never bought Clark boots, but this spring I bought a pair of rather solid looking Clark walking shoes (extra-wide) (around USD 130). They broke in July, and my shoe-repair man was not able to repair them. Very comfortable though, so I bought the same kind of shoe once again, in spite of the bad quality. At least, they are lovely to walk in.

3. JLibourel

JLibourel Well-Known Member

My results with Clarks have been pretty favorable. I bought one pair in 2002 for about a year they were my only casual/dog-walking shoes. I must have put about a thousand miles on them in that year and many more since then. I need to put some Shoe-Goo on the heels, but otherwise they are fine. I bought an identical pair about a year later, and they are still doing fine. A third pair of Clarks gave up the ghost after about 2 1/2 years of hard service, but they cost me all of $60. I feel I got my money's worth. All three shoes seem as though they would be impossible to beat for comfort.

4. Matt

Matt Well-Known Member

i like the look of the desert boots but have never owned any.

5. Fabienne

Fabienne Well-Known Member

Thanks for the feedback. I only hope they last two winters, that would be sufficient in my mind.

This is the model I bought:

http://clarks.zappos.com/n/p/dp/14943470/c/3.html

They are extremely comfortable, a bit less dressy than what I usually like to wear, but they work with a long skirt (like today) or a pair of pants.

6. phooi

phooi Well-Known Member

I've had good luck with Clarks as well. I have a pair of all leather walking shoes that I've used for traveling and bad weather for at least 5 years. I don't do anything to maintain them yet they still look decent.

7. EL72

EL72 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the feedback. I only hope they last two winters, that would be sufficient in my mind.

They are extremely comfortable, a bit less dressy than what I usually like to wear, but they work with a long skirt (like today) or a pair of pants.

They look nice but this made me chuckle:

- Cement Construction: Adheres directly to the outsole with a bonding agent providing a lightweight and flexible construction.

8. Leaveitothexperts

Leaveitothexperts Well-Known Member

[​IMG] Forgive my ignorance; all this time I thought we were talking of a man's boot.

9. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Well-Known Member

Last Saturday, I purchased a pair of half boots, black, with a 2 inch heel and flirty detail on the side of the leg.
    Forgive my ignorance; all this time I thought we were talking of a man's boot.
    Do you usually buy men's boots that have 2" heal and flirty detail on the side of the leg?

10. fatherseanfan

fatherseanfan Well-Known Member

I have found Clarks to be the best of the "second tier" shoe brands. I have a pair of brown slip-ons from them that I've worn hundreds of times over the last 4 years and they are still in near-perfect condition.

11. Leaveitothexperts

Leaveitothexperts Well-Known Member

Do you usually buy men's boots that have 2" heal and flirty detail on the side of the leg?

Bythe number of my posts/join date, I am a real novice at SF talk/lingo.

"Maybe I have something to learn here" is what I was thinking . . . [​IMG]