• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Clarks X Horween Desert Boot Collaboration (End Clothing Fall Sale)

NormanF

Reaction score
Clarks Desert Boots have a long thread on this forum but I didn't think they were anything special - until I stumbled across a notice that Clarks teamed up with the famed American leather maker Horween to produce an upscale version of its iconic boots!

They are available on End Clothing in classic tan - for $119 and in burgundy for $126 and feature Horween famous leather construction with a crepe sole. Sizing is typical UK and I bought the tan. I mean with this kind of special treatment, how I could resist passing up the chance to get a high quality Clarks leather desert boot? And when its Horween - that was enough to make me jump and get them!

This is a really unique collaboration between the two companies and I'm surprised it didn't happen sooner. I'm glad it came out at last!

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It's still just a Clarks boot - just with decent leather. The construction is most likely the same as run of the mill Clarks quality. I guess the price isn't too bad, but there are plenty of higher quality alternatives.

Last edited:

NormanF

Reaction score
It's still just a Clarks boot - just with decent leather. The construction is most likely the same as run of the mill Clarks quality. I guess the price isn't too bad, but there are plenty of higher quality alternatives.

The leather should outlast the crepe sole and one can rebuild the boots down the road with more rugged soles. For Horween leather boots, the price is pretty good! You can pay more but why?

meso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

For Horween leather boots, the price is pretty good! You can pay more but why?

Because you may buy a pair of shoes that will last and look good for many seasons.

NormanF

Reaction score
Because you may buy a pair of shoes that will last and look good for many seasons.

Exactly. Horween leather has that kind of quality, being around 105 years and no one says a bad word about them. A high quality leather pair of boots or shoes - with proper care, should last a lifetime.

Last edited:

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
How does Clarks and high quality end up in the same sentence?

NormanF

Reaction score
How does Clarks and high quality end up in the same sentence?

Their regular imported footwear made in Asia as I wrote at the start of the thread is nothing special! So if you can get it cheap, we all know the regular Clarks line is nothing like when they made it in the UK back during the day.

I think though its worth paying the extra for the limited edition Horween Clarks. Quality American leather and the English heritage are a great combo. And that's the kind of thing we like on this site.

smartlew

Reaction score
These are still made in the same place though right?

I bought the dark green DBs and they were lovely, but I returned them to fund another shoe purchase. From a practical point of view I don't really see the point - DBs aren't a particularly hard wearing shoe and the construction means they still soak up rain like a sponge. The quality of the horween leather was great, but has little to no impact on the shoe as a whole (by which I mean nothing else has been upgraded to create a more durable overall product).
From a fanboy point of view, they'll be super comfy and look great and ill probably buy them again at some point. Disappointed They didn't do half sizes though!

NormanF

Reaction score
My boots in classic tan just shipped! I received an e-mail from End Clothing letting me know the Clarks are on their way. I ordered mine in UK size 8.

NormanF

Reaction score
These are still made in the same place though right?

I bought the dark green DBs and they were lovely, but I returned them to fund another shoe purchase. From a practical point of view I don't really see the point - DBs aren't a particularly hard wearing shoe and the construction means they still soak up rain like a sponge. The quality of the horween leather was great, but has little to no impact on the shoe as a whole (by which I mean nothing else has been upgraded to create a more durable overall product).
From a fanboy point of view, they'll be super comfy and look great and ill probably buy them again at some point. Disappointed They didn't do half sizes though!

They only ship them in the exact UK size. And since I know the fit, it isn't a problem for me. Horween I think is worth the cost and while I agree the classic crepe soles aren't hard wearing, the boots can be resoled with a more durable sole. Many SF forum members have done that with their Clarks DB and they're pleased. There is no reason not to keep them since they're great looking and super comfy!

Last edited:

meso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Exactly. Horween leather has that kind of quality, being around 105 years and no one says a bad word about them. A high quality leather pair of boots or shoes - with proper care, should last a lifetime.

No. Totally missed the point.
You're either high or this is the first pair of boots you've owned.
A crappy pair of boots made with Horween leather is still a crappy pair of boots.
Also, there's already a thread for Clarks DBs.

NormanF

Reaction score
No. Totally missed the point.
You're either high or this is the first pair of boots you've owned.
A crappy pair of boots made with Horween leather is still a crappy pair of boots.
Also, there's already a thread for Clarks DBs.

You don't like the brand and you think Horween doesn't improve on it? Fine!

No one is forcing you to buy them! The point you totally missed on by the way is a collab between Clarks and Horween doesn't come along every day and the point of this collection is that its a limited edition collection.

The other thread is for the standard Clark's DB stuff which is why a separate thread on the collab seemed justified.

meso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Horween leather is used by LOTS of boot-makers.
We can go step by step about why the construction of DBs is terrible...
Are you getting a kickback?
You seem a little unnaturally enthused.

Last edited:

NormanF

Reaction score
Horween leather is used by LOTS of boot-makers.
We can go step by step about why the construction of DBs is terrible...
Are you getting a kickback?
You seem a little unnaturally enthused.

That's true. I noted that standard line DBs are nothing special.

Of course not but I do like seeing the construction get improved.

smartlew

Reaction score
The point being made is that the construction hasn't been improved. If you put high-grade components together in a poor fashion then the outcome won't be great - the Horween swing tag might guarantee the quality of the leather, but it doesn't guarantee the quality of the overall product because the upper material is only one factor.
In terms of durability they're the same as run-of-the-mill DBs IMO.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads