1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Clarks Wallabees - yay or nay?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Bandwagonesque, Oct 7, 2006.

1. Rumpelstiltskin

Rumpelstiltskin Senior member

Last week my little brother found them at Burlingtons in Philly for $39

2. NHKvictim

NHKvictim Member

[​IMG]

Here's a pic of some tan suede wallabees i got off ebay for only $29.99 (free shipping). I figured why not, being that they were only 30 bucks and in my size (6). I know a small majority find these shoes wearable, but i just thought i'd share. I like mine (though that prob doesnt mean much).

Also sorry the picture doesnt truly represent the color, the floor is a similar color to the shoes and the lighting is bad

Last edited: Aug 17, 2013
  3. Mike758

Mike758 New Member

I had a teacher in high school who wore wallabees everyday; he had 3 different pairs and said he's had at least one pair since he was my age. He said they were the most comfortable shoes he ever had so I went out and gave them a try. I bought the tan suede and they truly are the most comfortable shoes I ever had. I wear them every day now, but I do avoid walking in grass and stuff with them because they do get dirty. They are definitely not in style and it's only me and my teacher that wear them, but I dress very simple and don't care much on how I look. I actually got complimented by two different girls so far for having my own style of shoes. I love these shoes and will continue to wear them!

4. dreamsburndown

dreamsburndown Active Member

Wallabees boots are nice as hell. For me they're a perfect blend of moccasins and chukka boots. I used to consider them a dad vibe but Breaking Bad, Raekwon, and Ghostface made me come around. I got some on Amazon for about $80, which is good considering the store in my city that was trying to flip them for over $200.
    [​IMG]
    Kind of a low-quality photo, I know...

5. Rumpelstiltskin

English made or Chinese made? The Chinese retail for about $120 but the English made ones cost more

6. supremethunder

supremethunder Member

Anybody own the padmore and barnes "original p204" ? i.e:http://bit.ly/pdnbarnes
    [​IMG]
    Looking to buy for fathers day, wondering hows the quality/fitting/
    thanks

7. Tommy Boy

Tommy Boy New Member

Yay big time I own many pairs...Just discovered Padmore & Barnes. These are in kelp suede.[​IMG]

8. Rumpelstiltskin

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  9. dreamsburndown

dreamsburndown Active Member

This is an absurdly late response. The $200 were Chinese made as well, so the mark up made even less sense. I've never seen English made Clarks in store.

10. Tommy Boy

Tommy Boy New Member

11. Tommy Boy

Tommy Boy New Member

12. adam1066

adam1066 New Member

Last edited: Jul 3, 2016
  13. adam1066

adam1066 New Member

mate, richard ashcroft wears wallabees in that video

14. hdgzsujh

hdgzsujh Active Member

I was just strolling through a shoe shop and had a look at the Wallabees (made in China). Wow, are these things cheaply made. Low quality leather, low quality stitching, flimsy general impression. Even the laces were of the cheapest quality. Hard to believe that there are people who pay retail for them (130 €). I bought a pair of Sioux Grashopper this summer, which are in a different league in terms of quality of the upper. Unfortunately the sole starts detaching on one of them.