1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Clarks Wallabees - yay or nay?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Bandwagonesque, Oct 7, 2006.

1. Parker

Parker Senior member Dubiously Honored

I always think Wallabees make guys look like they're in the third grade. They are just too clunky and fuzzy. But, I am a big fan of the Desert Trek. It's got a lower profile and is a tad less clunky. The Desert Boot is even simpler. I like to wear my Treks and walk really fast down the sidewalk pretending I'm Richard Ashcroft in that Bittersweet Symphony video.

Nay on the driving shoes unless you're actually driving. My 2 cents.

2. poly800rock

poly800rock Senior member

I always think Wallabees make guys look like they're in the third grade. They are just too clunky and fuzzy. But, I am a big fan of the Desert Trek. It's got a lower profile and is a tad less clunky. The Desert Boot is even simpler. I like to wear my Treks and walk really fast down the sidewalk pretending I'm Richard Ashcroft in that Bittersweet Symphony video.

Nay on the driving shoes unless you're actually driving. My 2 cents.

does he wear desert treks in that video? i always was under the assumption he wore wallies because of the urban hymns cover

3. grilledcheese

grilledcheese Senior member

I have no idea what you guys are talking about. Wallys are great.
    In fact I rocked my chocolate leather w/ Brioni cords, D&G dress shirt, & wool/mohair sportcoat just the other day on some Ivy League stuff.
    Sounds like denimdestroyedmylife and I need to link up and twist one while discussing the various ways to successfully do Wallys...

"Check it out BOOM. See, you get the cream joints, right, and check it out BOOM, an an you die the top part blue..."

4. denimdestroyedmylife

denimdestroyedmylife Senior member

I am this close to starting a lyrics about Wallabees thread. mmmmm... grilled cheeeeeeese.

5. Chip

Chip Senior member

Shit...I didnt think there was gonna be this much hate or should I say not enough love for Wallabees. Theyre CLASSICS!! Full grain leather outside and in so your stank feet wont produce funky odors or sweat, nature formed last for natural toe spread, crepe outsole for cushion. Perfect for walking your happy ass to wherever.

I just picked up the swamp green boot from one of the outlets for $70.

Love.

6. denimdestroyedmylife

i got mine for $60 shipped from ktothe on superF

7. Bandwagonesque

Bandwagonesque Senior member

does he wear desert treks in that video? i always was under the assumption he wore wallies because of the urban hymns cover

Man, it's been ages since I've seen that video. Just saw the extra-pixelized version of it on YouTube, and it looks like either the ugly black leather Wallabee or the somewhat less ugly black suede Wallabee.

I still dig the tan suede ones on the Urban Hymns cover. I'm gonna go ahead and order them, and rock them when I need a travel/waking shoe, or when I don't shave and doin' the corduroy hippie hobo thing.

8. poly800rock

poly800rock Senior member

Man, it's been ages since I've seen that video. Just saw the extra-pixelized version of it on YouTube, and it looks like either the ugly black leather Wallabee or the somewhat less ugly black suede Wallabee.

I still dig the tan suede ones on the Urban Hymns cover. I'm gonna go ahead and order them, and rock them when I need a travel/waking shoe, or when I don't shave and doin' the corduroy hippie hobo thing.

start knocking people over while walking on the street.......

9. Bandwagonesque

start knocking people over while walking on the street.......

I already do. Except since I'm Canadian, I don't just bump into them, I body check them and tell them to keep their head up next time.

10. tangerine

tangerine Senior member

I have never liked the look of Wallabees, though I do love the Bittersweet Symphony video.

11. colin_

colin_ Senior member

if you have small feet, im selling a pair of wallabees in brown suede, size 7

12. Jared

Jared Senior member

What do you guys think of the Metro Grooves? [​IMG] (TTYTT, I wouldn't have given Clarks a second glance until you guys expressed so much appreciation. I'm going to go try some on, but just looking at photos I'm worried the Desert Boots are a little clunky and I can't stand the toe stitching on the Treks or Wallabees.) PS: Just noticed they're like double the price of the Desert Boots - WTF Clarks?!

13. Arethusa

Arethusa Senior member

The Metro Grooves are busy and ugly. Desert Boots are not even remotely clunky. They're extremely neutral and low key.

14. denimdestroyedmylife

seconded. those boots are an abomination. treks are the antithesis of clunky.

the only acceptable clarks are the OGs:

wallabees (high or low, but not wallaroo)
    desert treks
    desert khans
    desert boots

hope that helps!!!

15. DNW

DNW Senior member

16. Arethusa

Arethusa Senior member

17. whodini

whodini Senior member

They spelled "cool" with a "k."

18. Jared

Jared Senior member

the only acceptable clarks are the OGs: wallabees (high or low, but not wallaroo) desert treks desert khans desert boots
    I assume the perforated Khans are over the top? [​IMG] [​IMG]

19. Bandwagonesque

So an update... I bought the Wallys, but later returned them. They were quite comfortable, and looked fine, but didn't quite go with slimmer fitting jeans. They needed a wider straight, or boot-cut to look good IMO. Also, the construction felt a little cheap. I could easily see the stitching coming apart, or the sole falling off after a few months.

20. watchman

watchman Active Member

hell yay. i love mine