• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Clarks Desert Boots

Lnja

Reaction score
http://www.yoox.com/item/YOOX/CLARKS.../sr_shoesmen80

what the ****?
smile.gif

snuff_daddy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
smh @ that price the inside of the shoe is different can someone confirm these are special editions that were sold in the UK? higher end suede and ****...slightly narrower toe box...etc
25p1w5w.jpg

kookydooky

Reaction score
Is it possible to make them any more grippy? Esp in more wet surfaces?

underwearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
damn $200...I'll tell you what these look like my UK Clarks which have a narrower toe box (mine have no lining at all though), Im kind of turned off by the new Clarks, totally different shoe almost. One of these days Im gonna post a side by side pic to show you guys.

Originally Posted by snuff_daddy
smh @ that price

the inside of the shoe is different can someone confirm these are special editions that were sold in the UK?

higher end suede and ****...slightly narrower toe box...etc

25p1w5w.jpg

itsmedeka

Reaction score
Paid a visit to my local Clarks store and was having a lengthy chat with one of the clerks, he said he still wears his pair of 9 year old beeswax. I HAD to snap a pic, they were lovely! I asked if he had them resoled since they still looked like they were in really good condition, surprisingly he had not.
8f6eafeb.jpg
They also had these, which I've never seen before. Waxed canvas
f9d00df6.jpg
0d9dc067.jpg

Lnja

Reaction score
Bought a pair of brown suede desert boots. Should I suede protect them? Is it necessary?
confused.gif

markuk

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lnja
Bought a pair of brown suede desert boots. Should I suede protect them? Is it necessary?
confused.gif

Pointless in my experience

sle-z-e

Reaction score
I need a list of American online stores that carry the beeswax leather AND ship to Canada. The canadian dollar is waaay too good to buy things at canadian prices. I know needsupply has them but they don't have them in the size I need... any suggestions would be sweet

ArteEtLabore14

Reaction score
I'm looking at getting a pair of Taupe Suede DB's, but they're a little light for my tastes. Is there anything I could do (water-proofing or suede protection) that will darken them up a bit? Pics would be much appreciated.

Stylin-1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by itsmedeka
Paid a visit to my local Clarks store and was having a lengthy chat with one of the clerks, he said he still wears his pair of 9 year old beeswax. I HAD to snap a pic, they were lovely! I asked if he had them resoled since they still looked like they were in really good condition, surprisingly he had not.

8f6eafeb.jpg

They also had these, which I've never seen before. Waxed canvas

f9d00df6.jpg

0d9dc067.jpg

Beeswax look good, black look horrible.

Lnja

Reaction score
Originally Posted by snuff_daddy
let em get roughed up
The weather is awful, they're going to get roughed up anyway. I'll spray em tonight.
inlove.gif

Originally Posted by Stylin-1
Beeswax look good, black look horrible.
My thoughts exactly.

snuff_daddy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
a. i thought the 40% off only worked in store
b. what if its not your bday
c. explain how to use bing in less than 3 sentences

i'd like to know all of this

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads