Clarks Desert Boots

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Jared, Jan 8, 2007.

1. gabby11303

gabby11303 Senior member

What do you put on the suede desert boots to protect them? I have a pair of suede taupe and want to wear them this summer.

2. Robert

Robert Senior member

Wrap them in duct tape.

3. jpo

jpo Senior member

So, I got hooked on trying some Clark Desert Boots after all the good words on SF.

I'm in Indianapolis so I called the Clarks store at Circle Center mall. The SA working said, "I'm wearing Desert Boots right now.". I went down to the store and sure enough the SA, J.R., is a huge Desert Boot fan - he has several pair and love them. So, he was extremely helpful.

So, I loved them but was having trouble deciding between Sand Suede and Dark Brown Suede. So, he offered 20% off if I got both pair. I was sold. So, I got both Sand and Brown suede for a total of $142 and even threw in some additional laces. He sprayed them down with water proofing so I was ready to wear them out of the store.

It was an awesome retail experience. I did all that and got a great deal over my lunch hour (and a half).

If anyone is in or near Indy, stop in the Clark's store and J.R. will hook you up. I can't wait to roll in my first pairs of Desert Boots.

4. theom-

theom- Senior member

5. itsjustadrian

itsjustadrian Senior member

They run about half a size larger.

6. theom-

theom- Senior member

7. converge

converge Senior member

So I go with a 9.5 if I'm 10 in sperrys?

I'm a 10 in Sperrys and a 9 in Clarks DB's.

8. thedamnscott

thedamnscott Senior member

1 size up indeed.
    15 in Sperry's and most shoes, 14 in Clarks DB.

9. bbigsby

bbigsby Well-Known Member

True. I'm a 10 in Sperry's and my 9.5 DBs are a 1/2 size large. Go a full size down.

10. wisie

wisie Active Member

True. I'm a 10 in Sperry's and my 9.5 DBs are a 1/2 size large. Go a full size down.
    Just bought some today and I agree with this, I went 1/2 down and they're still just a bit too big.. Not sure what to do? Do gel insoles work well? Edit: It seems the laces weren't as tight as they should and after wearing them for a day with the laces super tight and thickish socks they fitted a lot better.

11. wahwho11

wahwho11 Senior member

damnit, i bought 1/2 down. and shoes.com don't have a size 10. i got lucky and probably can return it.

12. Robert

Robert Senior member

I only go 1/2 size down and they're fine. You don't want them so tight that your feet are cramped.

Got the sand suede today. These are nice. I have 3 other suede pair, and this is the only pair that doesn't have a smooth leather lining. This makes them slightly floppier around the ankle area, which I like. I wonder if this is because the sand suede is more of a true original DB, that is, true to the original make?

13. BrooklynHighpost

BrooklynHighpost Senior member

How dark is the smoke gray DBs? On every website, it looks black. The only difference it seems is the light color stichings on the smoke grays.

14. Mark_Y

Mark_Y Senior member

How dark is the smoke gray DBs? On every website, it looks black. The only difference it seems is the light color stichings on the smoke grays.

My smoked gray just came yesterday. They're pretty dark but they aren't black. When I showed them to my wife, she said "are they supposed to be black or gray, because they look gray". I like them. My beeswax are on the way.

15. tiecollector

tiecollector Senior member

quick camera phone pic. I tried to get the color as close as possible. these were target tan/beige suede before i soaked in 3 layers of sno-seal beeswax waterproofer. for $20 i'm not complaining, i don't really like suede texturally anyway

[​IMG]

Wow, awesome. The target website only has size 8 now. I'll check to see if they can be found at a nearby store.

My smoked gray just came yesterday. They're pretty dark but they aren't black. When I showed them to my wife, she said "are they supposed to be black or gray, because they look gray". I like them. My beeswax are on the way.

I just ordered a pair of the smoked grey. My only concern is how they might look with indigo denim.