1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Clarks Desert Boots

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Jared, Jan 8, 2007.

1. Kregg

Kregg Well-Known Member

fuck yeahhhh, im so stoked. I just scored some of the Opening Ceremony Desert Boots in Black with contrast sole. IVE WANTED THESE BABIES FOR SO LONG AND I FINALLY FOUND Size 12. I would have preferred the brown leather or burgundy, but I guess this will have to do. is anyone else as excited as me? hahah! woo

[​IMG]

How do they fit and how much were they?

2. Kent Money

Kent Money Well-Known Member

i havnt received them yet but I dropped $223 on them at some Swedish mailorder. free shipping, no tax, I think it was a decent deal. I think this is the most I have ever spent on an article of clothing.

worth it, i hope

3. Kent Money

Kent Money Well-Known Member

updizzle!

I got them today and they are everything I hoped for. Size 12US typically fits me like a glove and this is probably the best, most perfect fitting 12 I have.

and it took only like 3 days to get here from sweden!

4. hamish5178

hamish5178 Well-Known Member

Completely, 100% agree. Once I go back home, I'm planning to chop the heel off my Clarks so they look more like my OCs. [​IMG]

Would that actually work? Post pics if you really do it.

5. Robert

Robert Well-Known Member

Can't believe how much my Wolf suedes have darkened up with just a little wear. When I bought them the brown was so light that it almost seemed pink. It's now much more of a sort of coffee brown.

6. Robert

Robert Well-Known Member

imo, hazarding a guess, I would say it would not. I think it would throw off the support and comfort of the shoe, not to mention the look. Plus what a lot of work--why bother?

7. snuff_daddy

snuff_daddy Well-Known Member

eastbay has 30% off orders 99.00+ for memorial day

they carry 3 styles of clarks DB

8. raginberriodoom

raginberriodoom Well-Known Member

I am still contemplating about doing it, since I don't feel like the heel really adds any comfort to the boots.

If you are looking for pics, look through itsmedeka's sales threads, and he was selling a pair of desert boots with the heel chopped off, which was done by farmer.

9. Robert

Robert Well-Known Member

I am still contemplating about doing it, since I don't feel like the heel really adds any comfort to the boots.

If you are looking for pics, look through itsmedeka's sales threads, and he was selling a pair of desert boots with the heel chopped off, which was done by farmer.

Saw those pics, and sorry, I thought it looked weird.

10. v3l

v3l Well-Known Member

If anyone's interested, Foot Locker has Clarks DB in Sand Suede for $47.99. They have them in black and brown too, but those aren't on sale. I just ordered a pair with the coupon code URLFLFFY for 30% off, and they ended up costing me $43.53 with tax and shipping.

11. Robert

Robert Well-Known Member

Footlocker!? Fuck, now we know this trend has had its day.

12. WE350B

WE350B Well-Known Member

If anyone's interested, Foot Locker has Clarks DB in Sand Suede for $47.99. They have them in black and brown too, but those aren't on sale. I just ordered a pair with the coupon code URLFLFFY for 30% off, and they ended up costing me $43.53 with tax and shipping.

^^thanks a bunch dood. just got me a pair to join my beeswax. $40 and change, can't beat that.

btw robert, i think they only sell the db's online, not at the stores, if you're worried about their "cache" (even then, too late for that, i think.)

13. raginberriodoom

raginberriodoom Well-Known Member

Saw those pics, and sorry, I thought it looked weird.

Eh, I thought they looked good. I am afraid of doing an uneven chop though.

Footlocker!? Fuck, now we know this trend has had its day.

Although desert boots have been marketed everywhere, I haven't seen them on the streets very much at all.

14. Robert

Robert Well-Known Member

^^thanks a bunch dood. just got me a pair to join my beeswax. $40 and change, can't beat that.

btw robert, i think they only sell the db's online, not at the stores, if you're worried about their "cache" (even then, too late for that, i think.)

OK, I feel better then. Just don't wanna be too identified with the stirp-mall crowd, ya know.

15. hnlax

hnlax Well-Known Member

Although desert boots have been marketed everywhere, I haven't seen them on the streets very much at all.

agreed. for all of the mannequins that they're on in stores and the amount that magazines and websites cover them, i honestly have not seen anyone wearing a pair of desert boots, and i live in la.

maybe i just don't go shopping enough...but i do go to usc, and you would have figured preps are the crowd that would embrace desert boots most.

16. snuff_daddy

snuff_daddy Well-Known Member

what a fuckin steal @ footlocker

i should flip em on ebay...jk

17. th0rbahn

th0rbahn Well-Known Member

any USA friends willing to help me get those sand suede from footlocker, here in Canada?
    they charge a fat international fee and I'd likely get mauled with customs/broker fees too.

if anyone's willing to get them and send them across the border as a gift (obviously I'd pay this shipping), hit me with a PM

edit: somebody who is getting a pair for themselves would be nice, to save a bit on shipping.

18. theom-

theom- Well-Known Member

Should i go for the same size as my chucks?

19. UserName84

UserName84 Well-Known Member

Should i go for the same size as my chucks?

I sized down 1/2 and they fit great

20. UserName84

UserName84 Well-Known Member

Thanks for this I was looking to get a pair on sale somewhere.