• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Clarks Desert Boots

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I went to Target today to check out the knock-off DBs and couldn't resist buying them. They're never going to win fame as a great looking alternative to the original, but they're really not too bad for only 40 bucks. Since my two Clark DBs are the dark brown and the grey suede, I felt I needed something lighter for when I wear light pants (white khakis, white jeans, for example), so these should fit the bill.

They are a bit clunkier, and they have three pairs of eyelets instead of two, and the sole is cheaper. The profile is acceptable, though.

mdeep1

Reaction score
Hey guys, I got a pretty bad case of bar tar the other night and for some reason I can't get it off of my sand suede DBs. What do you guys use to clean your suede?

btinl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Clarks stores have the Desert Kahn on sale for $64.99 and the Desert Trek on sale for $79.99

laughter95

Reaction score
Originally Posted by randomusername
I've had this problem also, and mine seemed like they all around fit well. The solution might be just lacing them up as tight as possible, unlike tennis shoes. This has worked a little better for me.
i've realized that i could possibly go a size smaller, but then that would mean my toes would get packed tighter on the sides. my outermost toes already hurt as it is, so i don't know how i could stand to size down. **** i've realized this is it, i'm done. i can't deal with these heel blisters and all this.. now i have new insight on the crap that women have to put up with. the shoe looked great, but i think i have to go back to sneakers now. anyone know a good alternative to this shoe? i'll pay two or three times as much, i just want a long-lasting, perfect shoe! i need something versatile-- something i can wear with my raw jeans, but is also acceptable with khakis.. and maybe a blazer, but also good if i wore with a t-shirt... does such a perfect shoe exist O___o??

bure

Reaction score
Please don't go back to sneakers...

You need to buy plain flat Dr. Scholl's type insoles (the ones you cut to your size) and stick them in. They're relatively thin compared to Gel insoles, they will immediately remove heel slip and discomfort etc. and are only ~$2.

You could also try varying the thickness of your socks at the same time to get the right fit.

If that fails, just wear them... this is StyleForum and we make sacrifices
smile.gif

jacquedelaneu

Reaction score
So before I pull the trigger on some beeswax DBs from villageshoes, if a 10.5 in Jack Purcells is too small, and an 11 feels just right, I should order a 10 in Clarks and they will stretch out to perfection?

sigma

Reaction score
I got some Clarks DB sand suede for sale in my sig. They were too big for me.

DrFaustus

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Robert
I went to Target today to check out the knock-off DBs and couldn't resist buying them. They're never going to win fame as a great looking alternative to the original, but they're really not too bad for only 40 bucks. Since my two Clark DBs are the dark brown and the grey suede, I felt I needed something lighter for when I wear light pants (white khakis, white jeans, for example), so these should fit the bill.

They are a bit clunkier, and they have three pairs of eyelets instead of two, and the sole is cheaper. The profile is acceptable, though.

I bought a pair as well. You're exactly right about the chunkiness, but for $40, you really can't beat them.

planetofsound

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jacquedelaneu
So before I pull the trigger on some beeswax DBs from villageshoes, if a 10.5 in Jack Purcells is too small, and an 11 feels just right, I should order a 10 in Clarks and they will stretch out to perfection?

I'm in the same boat -- 10.5 jacks are too small, 11 feels just right, and you should definitely get a 10 in the Clarks DBs. They won't be too tight. I tried Clarks in 10.5 first and they were HUGE.

shortman506

Reaction score
just put a layer of mink oil on my DBs. they look great. thinking of putting another layer on

bure

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jekyll
That's marsupialed. Your feet are important, treat them well.

Chill, I put a smiley face at the end of it.

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Heh I promise pics. But I can't find my camera..my iphone won't do any justice.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
just got a pair of sand suede and i live in pretty rough weather with lots of snow.

what do you guys do to protect your suede and weatherproof them?

Fallen Angels

Reaction score
simple suede protectant would be fine. they're just clarks...

i wear my grey suede pair a ton, i kind of like the way it looks when theyre more worn-in and creased.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads