1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Clarks Desert Boots

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Jared, Jan 8, 2007.

1. Crakaveli

Crakaveli Senior member

is there a matte black color besides the suede? the regular black leather is too shiney i think.

2. keikun13

keikun13 Senior member

Here mines, been wearing em for like almost 6 months, and apply'd the mink oil once. Nothing special ;[, and yeah I had some indigo bleed hehe.

Outdoor :

[​IMG]

These look great! I think your picks just sold me [​IMG]. What style Clarks are they?

3. iroh

iroh Senior member

quick q

these boots can be resoled right? and if the answer is yes, then can they be resoled with something other than a crepe sole?

4. Warren G.

Warren G. Senior member

They're the beeswax ;]

5. TyCooN

TyCooN Senior member

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] The UK ones are no joke.

6. bohemianmidnight

bohemianmidnight Senior member

^^^ are the second ones plain beeswax? look to have a red tint, looks good.

7. TyCooN

TyCooN Senior member

8. gearhead

gearhead Senior member

i was at a thrift store and had a chance to look at some really old clarks.
    didn't pick them up tho because they were just too beat up.
    but they were suede desert boots in dark brown, i have newer ones myself and the quality doesn't come close.
    old ones made in england, the inner sole had way more cushion, they used double the suede (a lot thicker than the new ones which are single layer) and the rubber sole seemed more yellow (prolly cause of the age), the stiching was also better, more of it and the threads seemed thicker too.
    this is more like a rant on Clarks, going back to my charcoal desert boots made in Vietnam, i feel cheated, i kno its all about business and such, but if u were able to maintain such good quality at the beginning, why downgrade and cheapen your product?

9. shortman506

shortman506 Well-Known Member

damn, is there any US store that has those colors?

10. TyCooN

TyCooN Senior member

damn, is there any US store that has those colors?
    Get a proxy

11. e23

e23 Senior member

I want those black ones BAD. Anywhere in US selling? I dont want to wait till I get back to london to buy

12. snuff_daddy

snuff_daddy Senior member

just received my pair of Clarks Point Takens shipped from the UK to the US...[dressy version of the desert boots]

i got UK 8.5

these are up for sale in the market
    http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=93665

[​IMG]

i still have these up for sale if anyone is interested

13. mdeep1

mdeep1 Senior member

Anybody know where I can get a Clarks shoebox for a pair of my shoes? I like coordinating my shoes in their respective brand name shoebox but don't know where to get one for my Wallabees.

14. norbertr

norbertr Member

hey guys. new to the forum but, i found a pic of these and im just trying to figure out the official style and color. The lighting probably doesn't do the shoes justice because i can't seem to find another pic of these online. any help? thanks
    [​IMG]

15. TyCooN

TyCooN Senior member

hey guys. new to the forum but, i found a pic of these and im just trying to figure out the official style and color. The lighting probably doesn't do the shoes justice because i can't seem to find another pic of these online. any help? thanks
    Those are a limited orange pair. My local clarks has some for sale. You should check yours.

16. norbertr

norbertr Member

thanks. so they are an actual orange? hm.. im still contemplating if i should get a pair of beeswax or those orange leather pairs. the leather looks so clean. which do you think would be more versatile? or better looking in general in your opinion?

17. TyCooN

TyCooN Senior member

thanks. so they are an actual orange? hm.. im still contemplating if i should get a pair of beeswax or those orange leather pairs. the leather looks so clean. which do you think would be more versatile? or better looking in general in your opinion?
    The beeswax looks much better in person than those orange ones.

18. yellowbread

yellowbread New Member

19. keikun13

keikun13 Senior member

Just came back from visiting the Clarks store at the Westfield Mall in San Francisco. In case anyone was wondering, they do have beeswax in stock. I tried a pair on in 8 (wear 8.5 in chucks) but it seemed a bit loose so I would probably have to go down to a 7.5. I'm not sure what I think about them for myself so I didn't pick them up, but maybe that's because I've been wearing so many pairs of canvas shoes for the past 2 years. They do look gorgeous in person though I would prefer a darker look, but I suppose that's what the mink oil does?

20. Enigma89

Enigma89 Well-Known Member

So I wear a 9.5 in the Adidas Samba and a 8.5 in the Vans Authentic, what size should I get for the Clarks Desert Boot in beeswax?