1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Clarks Desert Boots

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Jared, Jan 8, 2007.

1. dan138zig

dan138zig Senior member

How come? Are you wearing very skinny jeans?

2. 7_rocket

7_rocket Senior member

Stop wearing Justin Bieber jeans

3. AAJJLLPP

AAJJLLPP Senior member

My jeans aren't that tight, I usually wear levis 511s. They leg opening is 7 inches measured flat. The tongue will sit underneath when Im walking but will pop out whenever I sit down. Could it be that the boots tongues were cut oddly high? They sit almost an inch higher than the rest of the boot which seems alot more than the picture of clarks that i've seen.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2014
  4. dan138zig

dan138zig Senior member

My APC has 7 inch openings too but I never have that problem

5. bellyhungry

bellyhungry Senior member

Lace them tighter? Longer inseam?

6. Ray21

Ray21 New Member

Hi, im thinking of getting my first pair of DB. I've have my eyes set on the beeswax but then the tan horween also looks nice. Any opinions between those two? I've read up that the chromexcel leather are coming up great with ages but how about the grained ones used in the clarks tan horween DBs? Any experience anyone?

7. jhwendland

jhwendland Senior member

You might have already seen this, but 6pm has the burgundy and dark green Horween on sale for $92. Much more manageable than the $150 they were listed at originally.

8. Evolve

Evolve Senior member

I received my Desert Londons today (I love free next day shipping from Zappos). Sizing is identical to the Desert Boot. Oddly, even though my DBs are extremely comfortable, the Londons pinch the top of my foot as it flexes while I walk. Very uncomfortable and never something I experienced with my DBs, even when brand new. An Amazon review of the Londons mentions something similar. I'm not sure this will improve as the shoes break-in, so I'll likely return them, unfortunately. Oh well, worth a shot. Wish the Jink came in Beeswax, because I'd really like a low-top alternative to the Desert Boot.

9. StratLovesLenny

StratLovesLenny Member

No word on desert boots-styled shoes for wide feet?

10. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Senior member

allen edmonds amok act fast

11. Evolve

Evolve Senior member

Or the Mojave, which has a crepe sole so is more similar to CDBs. Very limited size selection from AE for both, though. I was considering picking up Amoks in Snuff Suede during the sale going on right now ($117.60 for first quality), but all that's left is 13EEE. Had a full selection of sizes just a few days ago.

12. Ray21

Ray21 New Member

Thanks! Im thinking of going to the outlet to see the leather in person before i made the purchase. Any thought on how horween leather do after some years of wearing? Im interested in beeswax since they turned out great in times

13. jhwendland

jhwendland Senior member

No idea if they'd hold up well. I considered buying a pair of the Horween ones, but I already have a pair of suede desert boots that I don't wear enough.

14. HollyJoint

HollyJoint Senior member

I have some desert boots for the winter and I love them.

Now I want to buy a casual shoe for spring version, you guys advise clarks desert london?

[​IMG]

15. HollyJoint

HollyJoint Senior member

16. Ray21

Ray21 New Member

Finally opted out for the beeswax. Apparently this one is the last one in my size, so glad that I got it! Feels a little snug but sure it will stretch out. Gonna wear them for a while to break them in

[​IMG]

17. PH28

PH28 Member

^^^^great choice. Trust me they will stretch out and feel fantastic.

18. HollyJoint

HollyJoint Senior member

anyone have these shoes?

Clarks Jink

[​IMG]

19. Evolve

Evolve Senior member

^ Used to have a pair a few years ago. Mine were a darker brown suede, though. (Taupe Distressed, I think?)

20. HollyJoint

HollyJoint Senior member

they are good for spring / summer? look good with shorts?

for a young man of 22 years are better for the jink or od desert london for casual style?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]