1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Clarks Desert Boots

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Jared, Jan 8, 2007.

1. bydandie

bydandie Active Member

Just got a nice pair of Clarks DB in Amber Gold. I had to size down from my normal size (I'm an 11.5 in F, but the 11 in an F was fine), but the Euro size is what I normally have. The sizing is weird! :(

2. ac_slater

ac_slater Senior member

2 things.

1. Be careful with the hairdryer when applying LP. The glue around the welt is very easy to melt and this is a great way to make sure your DB's are not waterproof AT ALL if you get too hot with the dryer.

2. The Horween Clarks run half a size large.

1 person likes this.
  3. NormanF

NormanF Senior member

The Horween Clarks Desert Boots are based on exact UK sizing. In standard Clarks, I can go down half a size from my American usual size. I wear the Horween in UK 8.

4. Robert

Robert Senior member

Clarks DBs are not meant for trudging in snow and rain. I wear them year-round but not if they're going to get soaked.

1 person likes this.
  5. SteAN87

SteAN87 New Member

First post - need advice

Need to clean my CDBs beeswax for the first time, pretty filthy at the moment but I'm hoping to keep the colour and not darken them like a lot of people prefer to. Any tips and products to use? Bare in mind I'm in the uk.

These are the boots.

[​IMG]

6. jmaudi0

jmaudi0 Senior member

lexol, saddlesoap, etc.

make sure you condition them after you use soap to clean them as the soap will dry them out a bit.

7. speeed

speeed Member

8. stevend626

stevend626 Member

So any word on whether Amazon has the beeswax in the new, dark leather or original, lighter leather? They took em off the site for a while because there was something wrong with their stock according to customers. Could they have been talking about the newer leather?

Promotion!:If you haven't subscribed up to Amazon's emails, they're offering a 20% discount when you sign up. That makes the beeswax $68 right now in my size.

9. dan138zig

dan138zig Senior member

Anyone knows any sale for Clarks other than Amazon? Need a pair of sand suedes

10. JezeC

JezeC Senior member

Need some sizing advice.

I typically wear 9D and 9.5D in most American sizes.

So something with a narrow last (5-last, Allen Edmonds), I usually take a 9.5D, but for something a bit more wider than that, I take a 9D.

Not sure if this helps.

11. UltraMagnetical

UltraMagnetical Senior member

for me same size as my AE 5 last size. i wear 8.5d in both. good luck

12. Evolve

Evolve Senior member

Any comments on the "Desert London"? I think it's a new model, and looks like the low-top counterpart of the Desert Boot. Is the sizing the same as DBs? Thinking about getting a pair in Beeswax.

13. Dirty Gurty

Dirty Gurty Senior member

According to some reviews I read on Amazon you still have to size down a bit like with the Desert Boots.

14. Robert

Robert Senior member

Yes. I'm a 10.5 in most dress shoes, a 10 in Converse and other sneakers, and I'm a 9.5 in Clarks DBs.

15. xxxamazexxx

xxxamazexxx Senior member

What a strange thing everyone is saying you should size down in Clarks DB! I wear 8 in Jack Purcells, Superga, Red Wing, Walk-Over, etc. comfortably with socks, and the DBs in size 8 I just got from Amazon were so small I could hardly slide my feet into them. And when I finally managed to the tongue was stretched and creased like crazy. My arch may be higher than average but if the Clarks DBs do run large why are they still so small?

16. Evolve

Evolve Senior member

Did you accidentally get a women's pair?

I'm a 10 in Chuck Taylor (high tops), 10.5D in Allen Edmonds Park Avenue, 11 in most athletic shoes. U.S. 10 in CDBs is a perfect fit for me. I ordered the new Desert Londons in size 10 as well.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2014
  17. xxxamazexxx

xxxamazexxx Senior member

^ The label says Men/Hommes 8M (US), 7F (UK), 41M (EU) so I guess they are what they are supposed to be.

I have also found that the heel is very narrow. The length, however, is perfectly fine. In any case, with such narrow heel and width I would think they run small rather than large as the consensus says.

18. PH28

PH28 Member

I took a chance on the CDB Beeswax and sized down. They were incredibly tight for the first few hours. Each time of wear they stretched and loosened up and now fit perfectly.

19. StratLovesLenny

StratLovesLenny Member

Didn't want to start a new thread about this. Does anyone know if a good alternative to Clarks Desert Boots for those with wide feet? The 9.5 is perfect for my length, but 10 is perfect for my width. I tried wearing the 9.5, but they were so tight, I can't see myself buying these and stretching them out.

Or should I just look for a different style shoe?

20. AAJJLLPP

AAJJLLPP Senior member

The tongue on my beeswax boots keeps slipping in front of my jeans so it sticks out. Its doesnt really matter but i think it looks better inside the pants. Has anyone had this? Anyone know a solution?