1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Clarks Desert Boots

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Jared, Jan 8, 2007.

1. stevend626

stevend626 Member

First post, would you guys say it is safe to get Clarks db's from ebay? The shop I'm looking at in particular has a feedback score of 262, with 100% positive feedback. I'm seeing some deals that really make me wanna get them.

2. ac_slater

ac_slater Senior member

3. nickym456

nickym456 New Member

I just got some clarks beeswax leather boots and out of the box they were beautiful. I went to apply the water repellent recommended by nordstroms, and now that they have dried, they are a lighter color. any help?

4. ac_slater

ac_slater Senior member

The answer to your question is don't trust people from Nordstrom.

5. joshhhh14

joshhhh14 New Member

[​IMG]
    I got beeswax leathers today as my first pair, definitely my new favorites

6. ONUV

ONUV Active Member

anybody interested in a clarks gift card with $103.10 on it?

7. stevend626

stevend626 Member

So does anyone know if Amazon has the dark or light beeswax db's now(1st pic from quote for comparison)?

8. ghdvfddzgzdzg

ghdvfddzgzdzg Senior member

they're gonna change color over time anyway. don't worry about it.

9. Robert

Robert Senior member

The last couple of pairs of Original DBs I purchased did not come with the little extras I got in the past, e.g., the leather tag on the shoelace and the booklet. Did Clarks stop including these things?

10. Robert

Robert Senior member

11. RefleX

RefleX Well-Known Member

Decided to go for both Horween Clarks. The interior seems a little bit more well made around the heel from my previous clarks. Here's a couple photos.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. SlowJim

SlowJim Active Member

I know these boots have been discussed to death but still wanted to share my experience. I have owned the Beeswax DB's for about a year now. Hate the crepe sole but love the convenience of just being able to quickly throw them on. I have a Dr Scholls insole in mine and they are the most comfortable shoes I have ever owned. Unfortunately I used too much mink oil trying to minimize the creases in the leather (which I now know is normal) and the leather became overly soft - basically the boot no longer has much support.

I picked up a pair of the burgundy horweens a few weeks ago. Still made in Vietnam but definetly a step above my Beeswax DB's all around. I have been wearing them nearly every day and so far no creases, and marks from knocking into stuff just wipe right off. Color is a little more reddish than I expected, but replacing the laces with gold boot laces really helped. I love the way they look. Hopefully the shine will dull a bit over time, it makes these casual boots look a bit too dressy. Will try and post pics tomorrow

Last edited: Jan 5, 2014
  13. NormanF

NormanF Senior member

Stock insole has no real support. I've put in Pedag comfort insoles and underneath a thinner pair of Pedag soft insole with the latex foam side up and it seems made for the Clarks Desert boots. Now I can walk in them in comfort.

If you find the instep pinching your foot, a cobbler should be able to stretch it for good! The DB is a good-all round three season casual boots.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2014
  14. SlowJim

SlowJim Active Member

The only reason I used the insoles was because I had them laying around and they helped provide some cushioning when walking on hard surfaces. I've been wearing my Horweens without them and they are really fine. The only thing that bothers me is if you step on a pebble or some gravel you can feel it through the sole.

15. Hype1234

Hype1234 Senior member

Does anyone know where I can find beeswax at a good price in canada? Just got my ll bean boots and they don't fit so I'm just going to wax up some Clark's for the rain instead.

16. AAJJLLPP

AAJJLLPP Senior member

Waxing up clarks wont make them water proof. The way that the welt is constructed absorbs water into the boots. They'll never be able to keep your feet dry.

17. Hype1234

Hype1234 Senior member

Well that sucks because I bought some. Guess ill have to practice my Goodyear welding haha. Regardless, they'll be better than my current shitty weather shoes (chuck Taylors)

18. mixProtocol

mixProtocol Senior member

I coated a pair of my desert boots with two coats of Obenauf's LP (Sno-Seal should also work), melting each coat in using a hairdryer (and paying special attention to the welt). Sure, they're not completely waterproof, but they're close.... The trick was to make sure that the rough edges of the welt were completely covered in the wax. Of course, either of these will darken the leather.

19. Hype1234

Hype1234 Senior member

^this was my exact plan. Thanks for the info.