Clarks Desert Boots

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Jared, Jan 8, 2007.

1. JesseJB

JesseJB Senior member

Clarks desert boots look absolutely amazing with a PBJ xx-005. Much more than nudie RR, IMO. Not hip-hop in the least. Definately far from the Lugz look!

2. Arethusa

Arethusa Senior member

Yeah, they're definitely not similar shoes. They may not be narrow Italian shoes, but I have no idea why some people think desert boots are chunky. Tims are chunky.

3. benchan

benchan Senior member

Couple of Qs:

Can anyone tell me if they will stretch in width? I feel that they are pretty tight at the widest part of my feet.

Which colour is your favourite?

4. Arethusa

Arethusa Senior member

They will stretch a bit. Hard to say if it'll be enough, but the leather does give somewhat. I really only like the brown.

5. itskub

itskub Senior member

I read a zappos review that they do tend to stretch. Im normally a 10.5/11 in shoes, but I think I need to exchange my pair for a 10. The back of the shoe feels like its barely making any contact, these clarks are like CT-oversized.

6. dtmt

dtmt Senior member

Yeah, definitely size down 1/2 size from your true size for these.

The problem is the conversion from UK to US size. Clarks does the conversion as 1/2 size, where in reality it's more like 1 full size. For example, if you wear a 10US you should get a 9UK, but what Clarks calls a 10US is actually a 9.5UK.

CT does the same thing.

7. JesseJB

JesseJB Senior member

Yeah Im a 10 1/2 and I bought my desert boots in 10 1/2 and theyre a good half size too big after stretching. It sucks when I trip on my own toe in front of girls.. [​IMG]

By the way, the brown leather looks awesome after time.

8. dapperdude

dapperdude Senior member

Can they substitute for suede bucks?

I'm looking for something I can wear with chinos. I am still trying to decide whether to get bucks or desert boots.

9. fg0d

fg0d Well-Known Member

I'm going to buy a pair in black for work/dressup occasians as soon as I can scrap up the funds.

10. Joel_Cairo

Joel_Cairo Senior member

endless.com was having a sale on them a week or two ago. ~$60, minus the $5 for overnight, so I got some for $55. They're incrediby comfortable for weekends and around the house, and I even wear them to work (fridays, that is), but I wouldn't use them for "dress up" occasions at all. They're a bit like Uggs for men, with their ultracasual unstructured last.

11. vvoc

vvoc Senior member

does anyone have a picture of these worn with skinny jeans? pref apc new cures or similiar fits? thanks

12. stranger danger

stranger danger Member

If you don't feel like paying an extra $15-20, these are nice. I haven't tried a pair of Clarks so I can't compare, but I'm really happy with the Cabelas.

13. itskub

itskub Senior member

clarks definately have a unique fit that takes getting used to. size down atleast 1/2. but i do like them for being a very versatile shoe; they go well with my grey and plaid slacks. (Im not much of a denim person)

with acne mics:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. fg0d

fg0d Well-Known Member

How comfortable are clarks compared to other shoes/sneakers?

15. itskub

itskub Senior member

I probably wouldnt want to walk across a desert with these things on. They only secure your foot around where the laces are, thats all. Similar to the way sandals strap around your toes. Its not that uncomfortable, just much different then sneakers. Check zappos theres like a hundred reviews.