1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was. I'd like to keep you abreast of the improvements we've made over the past few days.
    @notification emails have been added, in response to user requests

Attached images are now Full Size by default

Users are now all allowed three (3) links in their signature files,

SSL certification is now in place so you can all browse securely.

The server has been reconfigured so that site speeds will improve.

Notice: Right now the site is slow because we are fixing all the images from the past 4 months. Many of you noticed that these were missing, and we are fixing that problem now. Unfortunately, it is taking up a lot of resources and causing the site to be slow.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Clarks Desert Boots

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Jared, Jan 8, 2007.

1. 89andy

89andy Well-Known Member

Roll the cuffs once when wearing DB's with khaki's, yes or no?

2. GBear

GBear Well-Known Member

Not my look but why not? Fuck all the naysayers. :p

3. Erenoth

Erenoth Well-Known Member

So I've dropped a few pounds this summer, and my feet have since slimmed up and turned into solid muscular beasts. I'm looking to purchase my first pair of DBs, but not entirely sure about my sizing. From what I'm aware, most people size down 1/2-1 full size on DBs, with their narrow width taken into account. I tried on a pair of beeswax at UO last night, and was surprised to see that (coming from a 10 1/2D back in May) I could easily fit into a 9, with so much room to spare that it was uncomfortable to walk around in them. I could squeeze into an 8, in a very uncomfortable manner, but they didn't have any 8.5's for me to try out. In this case, should I just order an 8.5 and test my luck? Probably going to grab them on Zappos, so returning to find my perfect size won't be an issue in the worst case scenario.

Also, I'm sue this has been answered before- but is there any lighter variation of the dyed leather DB? Specifically, I'd be looking for a boot with the beeswax texture and finish, but with a color similar to oakwood. Think 8 months aged natural leather, for example.

Chris

4. throwbookatface

throwbookatface Member

^ sounds like the 9 is too big and 8 is too small; why would you not get the 8.5s?

I am normally a 10 and wish I had gotten 9.5s instead of size 10 DBs. They fit comfortably with thicker socks but dress socks leave an amount of wiggle room.

5. menaceko

menaceko Member

I also need some info on these. are they available anywhere for less than $130?

6. Foxtrot56

Foxtrot56 Well-Known Member

I wear a 9.5 EEE so I got the size 10 and they fit pretty good, 9.5 was too small (maybe it would have stretched and broken in to be more comfortable) but right now the 10s feel just a little too big since you can't really tie the boot tight anyways. Would it be worth getting insoles to make them a little smaller or is this something that even works?

7. jimmyfingers

jimmyfingers Well-Known Member

I am going to purchase some insoles today from the web for my desert boots. I walk much more than the average citizen and these boots just aren't very comfy for heavy walking.

8. Pirhon

Pirhon Member

9. tekksquall

tekksquall Member

I sized down from 11 to 10.5 and they were a bit too big on me, so I returned them for a 10.

10. krspdla

krspdla Well-Known Member

Anybody know where I can get DBs for less than $140 in Canada? Seems to be the retail here. I'm looking for them in Beeswax.

11. carguy

carguy New Member

Sears, they're on sale for $90.99 right now.

12. tomee

tomee Well-Known Member

what color are these?

[​IMG]

13. Pinhas

Pinhas Well-Known Member

14. CelticsFan9783

CelticsFan9783 Member

Same here. Hoping the 10's aren't too small now since I ordered online.

15. kaws N effect

kaws N effect Well-Known Member

16. Foxtrot56

Foxtrot56 Well-Known Member

I wear a 9.5 but the 9.5 wasn't nearly wide enough for me, these are narrow. So I had to get 10s and they fit well but they are a little too big, just slightly.

17. tomee

tomee Well-Known Member

Last edited: Sep 22, 2011
  18. jimmyfingers

jimmyfingers Well-Known Member

I have feet that tend to be on the 'wide' side. The trick for this shoe is to get a size that is slightly large and put an insole in them which will make them perfect.

19. bluefields

bluefields Active Member

the rain beats the shit out of the sand suede, but now that i'm getting an even coat of staining i'm actually starting to appreciate the beat up look :slayer:

20. Johdus Fanfoozal

Johdus Fanfoozal Well-Known Member

Anybody try out the Bushacre 2?