Clarks Desert Boots

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Jared, Jan 8, 2007.

1. LooseChange

LooseChange Senior member

WOW. So my Sand DBs came in today, and my effin wide feet couldn't fit in them. Dammit. I got a pair of 9.5D and my feet are just too wide to get in and stay comfortably.

So just for you kiddos with wide feet, do not just go with your Converse size. I am a 9 in Converse, but forgot that they are more lenient in width since it's canvas. So for comparison, the only shoe that fits PERFECTLY are Red Wings in 9.5D since they're way wider. I'm going to try and find a pair of 10 or 10.5 and see how that works. *sigh*

2. VictorC

VictorC Senior member

Well my other comment was going to be "Wallabees are cool if you're a chef or a nurse in a children's hospital"

They do look pretty damn goofy, but they are nowhere near as bad as Crocs. Crocs I just flat out hate, hate, hate, hate. Wallabies, maybe someone could pull them off. I just haven't seen anyone do it.

So i assume people prefer the clarks treks to the wallabee suede?
    I never used to even try the wallabees on because my instincts were that i didnt really like them that much. BUt i saw someone walking past me with what seemed like wallabee suedes, so i tried the sand suede on and found that i liked them. Strange how a switch can happen just like that.
    But are crocs those big cloggs you see people wear?

3. Doctor Quack

Doctor Quack Senior member

But are crocs those big cloggs you see people wear?

If you mean those clunky things with holes in them (available in oodles of colors) that are also deathtraps while riding escalators, then yes.

4. Jupiter Room

Jupiter Room Senior member

How well does the beeswax model stand up to rain and snow? Can I use some water resistant impregnation spray on them? Used a lot of sued before, but I'm new to beeswax.

5. Warren G.

Warren G. Senior member

6. Jupiter Room

7. grundletaint

grundletaint Senior member

i dunno, but minkoil created this, which is what sent me on a mad frenzy to find a pair:

[​IMG]

8. Warren G.

Warren G. Senior member

Yeah I honestly don't know if it better or whatever. But yeah ever since I saw that pic...I went hunting for some beeswax lol.

9. wmb

wmb Senior member

They used to run about 1/2 a size large, at least, when they were made in England. The Chinese versions seem to run more true to size... and those are the ones in stores now. I found the linings to be of a much cheaper quality and stopped buying them unfortunately.

I still have one pair 'Made in England' that look appropriately ragged...

10. Pangolin

Pangolin Senior member

How well does the beeswax model stand up to rain and snow? Can I use some water resistant impregnation spray on them? Used a lot of sued before, but I'm new to beeswax.

I protected my pair using Pecards leather dressing and it worked well for me. I walked in rain and snow the entire past winter with no problem.

11. Dewey

Dewey Senior member

WOW. So my Sand DBs came in today, and my effin wide feet couldn't fit in them.

the clarks or the BR desert boots? the BR boots are longer and more narrow compared to the clarks original.

12. Jupiter Room

i dunno, but minkoil created this, which is what sent me on a mad frenzy to find a pair:

[​IMG]

VERY nice! I have to buy a pair of beeswax now! (And mink oil)

13. I<3Bacon

I<3Bacon Senior member

Best beeswax db's I've seen (posted by youkinorn on sufu):

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Didn't sound like he used any fancy oils or nuthin'

14. NoClassic

NoClassic Active Member

Im thinking about picking up a pair of the beeswax boots and going with the no dressing approach.

The mink oil has really darkened my beeswax kahns, doing away with any changes in tone that show with wear.

This is with about 3 days on a mink dressing and only a few hours of wear, if that. The creases lighten a bit within a few weeks.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3233/...a1042e.jpg?v=0

Also has anyone else had issues with the upper separating from the crepe? Mine began doing this a few months in and it eventually spread around the entire front perimeter.

15. unrated

unrated Senior member

How often do you have to apply mink oil?