1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Clarks Desert Boots

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Jared, Jan 8, 2007.

1. TyCooN

TyCooN Senior member

These are listed on ebay new.. size 12 though, grr. Pretty good price too. Anyone know if they still make 'em? (doubt it, couldn't find any on google's intertubes):

[​IMG]

link to auction http://cgi.ebay.com/CLARKS-ORIGINAL-...item4157c9fea5

I like those soles better than them crepe soles

2. yoyodunno

yoyodunno Senior member

So why do I look like a boss when I wear black denim and sand DBs?
    Hey I didn't say it doen't look boss lol. Just not my style.

3. bha

bha Well-Known Member

Where are you guys buying those awesome awesome red wine DB's?

I looked at onlineshoes.com, but they only show a red leather colour. . I don't see the totally awesome red wine suede ones.

I don't need(*) another pair of DB's but the red wine ones are awesome. Must have them. Immediately.

Did I mention that the red wine ones are awesome? [​IMG]

(*) What I really DO need is some sort of 12-step program. "Hi everyone, my name is BHA and I have an addiction to Clarks Desert Boots..."

4. stylesmurf

stylesmurf Senior member

Here's the link: http://www.onlineshoes.com/mens-clar...ede-p_id214745 BTW, if you have a discover card, you can buy it through shopdiscover->onlineshoes and save a bunch of $$$$$$
    Where are you guys buying those awesome awesome red wine DB's? I looked at onlineshoes.com, but they only show a red leather colour. . I don't see the totally awesome red wine suede ones. I don't need(*) another pair of DB's but the red wine ones are awesome. Must have them. Immediately. Did I mention that the red wine ones are awesome? [​IMG] (*) What I really DO need is some sort of 12-step program. "Hi everyone, my name is BHA and I have an addiction to Clarks Desert Boots..."

5. Teger

Teger Senior member

if anyone ahs any size of 11.5 clarks x br desert boots from years ago i will buy em

6. stylesmurf

stylesmurf Senior member

Don't they still have clarks x BR? I just saw a pair of them in the local BR recently.

7. leeFX

leeFX Active Member

I've had my Clarks "Bushacre II" (DB's with non-crepe sole) for a couple months now. After wearing them a ton, the toebox area is creased like mad. Others don't notice when I ask "do my shoes look trashy?" or whatever. I notice though, it drives me nuts. and I think it looks bad. I use shoe trees every night after wearing, but it doesn't help really. And because these are the "beeswax" leather, I don't know what leather cleaning products to use to help keep the leather conditioned and supple. The last time I used some leather lotion on them, it turned the tiny spot I used it on a dark brown color. [​IMG] How can I fix this? Reference pic: [​IMG] -edit-
    if anyone ahs any size of 11.5 clarks x br desert boots from years ago i will buy em
    Don't they still have clarks x BR? I just saw a pair of them in the local BR recently.
    Yep. bananarepublic.gap.com/clarks-desert-boots

8. thatoneguy

thatoneguy Senior member

creases are good, and unavoidable
    embrace it

9. Harbin

Harbin Senior member

Lol, are you serious...they are desert boots, just wear them and don't worry about creases and all that. They look better when beat up imo, they aren't dress shoes.

10. phxlawstudent

phxlawstudent Senior member

Interesting info for anyone wondering about the Beeswax DB sizing.

The beeswax DB's are US sized a full size larger than the UK sizing, whereas the regular DB's are sized only a half size larger than the UK counterpart. You can see this inside the shoe, where both UK and US sizes are listed.

***Disclaimer*** I could be mistaken and it could be a size smaller than UK as I don't remember. Either case, its a full size difference for the Beeswax, and a half size for the suedes.

11. leeFX

leeFX Active Member

creases are good, and unavoidable
    embrace it

Lol, are you serious...they are desert boots, just wear them and don't worry about creases and all that. They look better when beat up imo, they aren't dress shoes.

Word. As long as others don't think they look bad, i'm game. I wanted them to have a worn in, "long traveled" look to them.

Just don't want look homeless. :p

12. gastarbeider

gastarbeider Senior member

Interesting info for anyone wondering about the Beeswax DB sizing.

The beeswax DB's are US sized a full size larger than the UK sizing, whereas the regular DB's are sized only a half size larger than the UK counterpart. You can see this inside the shoe, where both UK and US sizes are listed.

***Disclaimer*** I could be mistaken and it could be a size smaller than UK as I don't remember. Either case, its a full size difference for the Beeswax, and a half size for the suedes.

not with mine.

you must have picked up a pair with a golden ticket.

13. allaboutshoes

allaboutshoes Senior member

DBs... well you can pickup the Clarks originals for $95-$100 on zappos, OR you can pick up the Johnston and Murphy Runnell boots, which are FAR superior. They have a sheepskin lining and genuine plantation crepe rubber sole which make it flexible and easier to walk. They retail for only $35 more but they have them on sale here for $104 in lots of sizes.

Size question: I was wondering what DBs can be worn with other then jeans (khakis or even dress slacks) in a light beige or sand color. Pix would be great. Thanks! Great thread btw

14. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

[​IMG] Clarks black leather

15. Pieceofsand

Pieceofsand Senior member

[​IMG]

Clarks black leather

They were out of those for a long time. Are they back now?

16. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

I'm about to pull the trigger on those wine bushacres... I also want to get a pair of the beezwax ones but am deciding between the crepe or bushacre soles... What do you guys prefer? I'm worried the crepes will wear down quickly and be slipery in any wet weather, but on the upside might be softer and give more height... Are the bushacres really stiff or hard on the feet? Thanks.

17. leeFX

leeFX Active Member

I'm about to pull the trigger on those wine bushacres... I also want to get a pair of the beezwax ones but am deciding between the crepe or bushacre soles... What do you guys prefer?

I'm worried the crepes will wear down quickly and be slipery in any wet weather, but on the upside might be softer and give more height... Are the bushacres really stiff or hard on the feet?

Thanks.

I have the Bushacre's... they're nice. I heard crepe is more comfy though.

18. phxlawstudent

phxlawstudent Senior member

I have both crepe, J&M crepe, and Bushacre. While the crepe is more squishy, I personally feel the harder sole is better for longer distances.

As for J&M crepe v. Clarks crepe. No difference in practical walking, both kind of suck. The J&M hurt my feet more though. J&M may be sheepskin lined, but that sheepskin keeps the heat in; not very desert friendly. Plus J&M doesn't come in a huge range of sizes. Small feet need not apply, wide feet do not apply.

19. allaboutshoes

allaboutshoes Senior member

J&M may be sheepskin lined, but that sheepskin keeps the heat in; not very desert friendly. Plus J&M doesn't come in a huge range of sizes. Small feet need not apply, wide feet do not apply.

THEY MAY BE CALLED desert boots but i dont think too many people live in deserts, unless you live in Arizona like my man phxlawstudent [​IMG]

20. Froosh

Froosh Senior member

When you guys sized your desert boots, did you go with tight (widthwise) or size up for a roomy fit?