1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Clarks Desert Boots

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Jared, Jan 8, 2007.

1. johnH123

johnH123 Well-Known Member

Is it just me or have prices been going up (like fairly substantially)?

2. Pieceofsand

Pieceofsand Well-Known Member

Who the hell wears DB's with shorts?

Did I say pants? Yeah I said pants.

yeah what is this i dont even. unless its about dress pants

I'm confused about what you're trying to say. But here is a thought:
    [​IMG]
    I guess some people do it.

3. Zackb911

Zackb911 Well-Known Member

Stupid shit storm...

Quick, answer my question regarding Beeswax fit. Are they narrower than the normal desert boots? I tried some on in the store, they all felt tight, even sized up from what I wear in the suede versions. Store didn't have 8.5, so couldn't try those on.

Is this normal or just a fluke shipment?

Were your suedes bought new? For me the first couple hours they're very tight, then they stretch and fit like a glove.

4. gettoasty

gettoasty Well-Known Member

new nordstrom rack opened up near me and there are loads of db's in the rubber sole haha

5. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Well-Known Member

Is there a high-end version of Clarks Desert Boots? I'd be interested in these but would prefer a made in UK/US, etc. version. Any ideas?

6. Digmenow

Digmenow Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Yikes! What? Too ghetto?

I realize I'm new here and still trying to find my way around but what'd I say? Do I have to lurk for a year or so?

7. yoyodunno

yoyodunno Well-Known Member

Yikes! What? Too ghetto?

I realize I'm new here and still trying to find my way around but what'd I say? Do I have to lurk for a year or so?

yeah i think the combo of black jeans with sand DBs looks a little ghetto. but hey if it fits well, i'd like to see fit pics.

8. Digmenow

yeah i think the combo of black jeans with sand DBs looks a little ghetto. but hey if it fits well, i'd like to see fit pics.
    The CK's in my post are a stock pic I snagged for illustrative purposes since I didn't have time this morning to take and upload my own pic. I didn't even realize they were black until you said something. Mine are labeled "Dark Wash" and are a dark blue. I'll give it a shot in the morning with the camera phone and post them together. <sigh> So much to learn.

9. kit99bar

kit99bar Well-Known Member

if Clark's released a high end version of the DBs they would sell well with SF/SuFu crews.

Is there a high-end version of Clarks Desert Boots? I'd be interested in these but would prefer a made in UK/US, etc. version. Any ideas?

10. C-Note

C-Note Well-Known Member

Did I say pants? Yeah I said pants. I'm confused about what you're trying to say. But here is a thought: I guess some people do it.
    I think he meant, yes, people do wear them with pants, but he just used the question of who would *not* wear them with pants and wear them with shorts instead to imply that lol

11. stylesmurf

stylesmurf Well-Known Member

12. gastarbeider

gastarbeider Well-Known Member

I'm confused about what you're trying to say. But here is a thought: [​IMG] I guess some people do it.
    that's not a person, it's a wax figure.

13. Froosh

Froosh Well-Known Member

Anyone know where to get the oakwoods at a good price online? Coupon codes?

Also, has anyone tried dubbing/using obenaufs on their sand suede to darken it? Pics?

14. phxlawstudent

phxlawstudent Well-Known Member

if Clark's released a high end version of the DBs they would sell well with SF/SuFu crews.

What exactly would differentiate the higher end Clarks from other manufacturer's versions? For example, the AE Malvern, Alden, Loake, Cheaney, C&J, etc. versions? I'm just curious, not saying they shouldn't, but curious what the difference would be and why it would be worth the money. I suppose those other makers don't use crepe soles, but the crepe soles are not exactly practical in the desert or for any heavy duty walking for that matter. Plus they wear out fairly quick.

15. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Well-Known Member

What exactly would differentiate the higher end Clarks from other manufacturer's versions? For example, the AE Malvern, Alden, Loake, Cheaney, C&J, etc. versions? I'm just curious, not saying they shouldn't, but curious what the difference would be and why it would be worth the money. I suppose those other makers don't use crepe soles, but the crepe soles are not exactly practical in the desert or for any heavy duty walking for that matter. Plus they wear out fairly quick.

Kind of a gut feeling around quality of MIA or MIE items vs. China. Not a biggie, but it's sometimes a sense one gets a la "Blink."

16. jdotgdot

jdotgdot New Member

Have a pair of beeswax and just got some black leather ones. These boots are great.

17. Digmenow

Still pressed for time so here's the jeans and boots together. Lots going on to learn on this site. I'll get better. Promise. [​IMG] Yes, the boot is backwards. It made for a better crappy cell phone pic.

18. ChessDan

ChessDan Active Member

How are these sized? I wear a 12 in New Balance but a 12 in Clark's Suede DB is huge on me. 11 in leather felt very tight.

Should I order 11 1/2?
    Do they make 11 1/2 in Beeswax leather?
    Does the leather fit differently than the suede?

19. iolas9

iolas9 Member

How are these sized? I wear a 12 in New Balance but a 12 in Clark's Suede DB is huge on me. 11 in leather felt very tight. Should I order 11 1/2? Do they make 11 1/2 in Beeswax leather? Does the leather fit differently than the suede?
    I wear 12 everythings, but I have 11s in the beeswax leather. They were quite tight at first, and I was tempted to send them back. After two weeks though, they have broken in nicely and fit great.

20. pseudonym

pseudonym Well-Known Member

So why do I look like a boss when I wear black denim and sand DBs?