1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Clarks Desert Boots

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Jared, Jan 8, 2007.

1. tank216

tank216 Member

hey does anyone know what color these clarks desert boots are? i can't tell if it's 'taupe suede' or 'brown suede' or 'beeswax leather' ?? thanks in advance [​IMG]

2. Timbaland

Timbaland Senior member

^^ I think it's brown suede. I have the taupe suede and they are lighter in color than that. The shoes also look like they're suede.

3. Kacey

Kacey New Member

4. handsometigers

handsometigers Senior member

damn this thread. i want suede DBs now haha. someone buy my boots so I can buy some DBs! [​IMG]

5. User3045

User3045 Member

Got them from a German outfit called Frontlineshop. They still have stock but I'm not sure if they ship Stateside.
    http://www.frontlineshop.com/Men/Pro...=Froogle&sid=1

Kicking myself now that I didn't jump on clarks.co.uk when they were on sale for 60+pounds [​IMG]

6. fitchottie

fitchottie Senior member

The Nordstrom rack by me has clarks desert boots for 59.99 if any one is interested pm me.

7. fitchottie

fitchottie Senior member

Also if anyone is interested 6pm has some clarks on sale along with some frye dakota for 89.00 that is 100 off retail.

8. dopke

dopke Well-Known Member

bananarepublic.com has the beeswax and taupe for $66.50 after 30% coupon using BRJAN30.

9. Timbaland

Timbaland Senior member

My raw denimz bled onto my taupe suede dbs. Argh. I know it's probably been talked about here but how do I clean it off?

If I remember right you can waterproof suede boots with snoseal, which I didn't do.

And I remember hearing people clean shoes with saddle soap but I think that is for regular leather not suede.

10. rdgn123

rdgn123 Senior member

My raw denimz bled onto my taupe suede dbs. Argh. I know it's probably been talked about here but how do I clean it off?

If I remember right you can waterproof suede boots with snoseal, which I didn't do.

And I remember hearing people clean shoes with saddle soap but I think that is for regular leather not suede.

try a rubber eraser

11. Timbaland

Timbaland Senior member

12. michaelmaximum

michaelmaximum Member

bananarepublic.com has the beeswax and taupe for $66.50 after 30% coupon using BRJAN30.

This code doesn't work, but banana republic has a different code for 25% off.

13. theclone

theclone Member

I honestly can't tell if I love them or despise them.

14. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

1. will the bushacre's fit the same way as the regular crepe soles? 2. Are these real Clark DB's or some knockoff from china (http://cgi.ebay.ca/82286-Mens-Clarks...#ht_4990wt_698) 3. Can I wear these in winter? ie are they somewhat weatherproof in terms of snow/water repellant (or can I do something to them) and warmer then say chucks? 4. They seem to only have 2 holes for lacing. At the store I noticed that if I could have had a third hole higher up they would have been more comfortable. Is it possible / do people ever add another lacehole higher up? Thanks!

15. pseudonym

pseudonym Senior member

^

1.) I wear a size 8 in my Sand Suede DBs. I wear the same size in my Bushacres.
    2.) They look legit. My boy has the same pair, I believe.
    3.) I suggest you don't. I wore my Bushacres through most of this NYC snow/shitty weather, and I slipped (never fell, because I have too much holy swag) all the time. I'm thinking of investing in another pair (gotta love Burgundy) and resoling these beaters with a Vibram sole.
    4.) Two lace holes are perfect for me. You can always tighten the laces.

16. PDinh

PDinh Senior member

+1 BRSUPER25 is the code and it's valid through 2/4/11-2/6/11. Also it's free shipping for orders over $50.

17. dopke

dopke Well-Known Member

Yeah, that one just expired on 2/3. The 25 is BRSUPER25

18. colabear

colabear Senior member

I honestly can't tell if I love them or despise them.

I have wide feet so to me they are very comfortable to wear. I alternate wearing a beeswax leather and a grey suede

19. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

Haven't been wearing my DB's beeswax, think im going to put on some white vibram soles to mix it up. should look nice... maybe like creeper sole?

20. theclone

theclone Member

I have wide feet so to me they are very comfortable to wear. I alternate wearing a beeswax leather and a grey suede

Are they that good for wide feet? I've got the same curse.

I think what it is, is that when I just see the shoe by itself, I'm not horribly impressed but then when I see them actually modeled on a person, they're rather appealing. I'll probably be taking the dive, soon.