Clarks Desert Boots

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Jared, Jan 8, 2007.

1. clarksdb

clarksdb Senior member

Huzzah, finally found some Taupe suede originals in a store and found the 11s to be a bit long and slidey, but the 10.5s a bit snug width wise. I suppose they might stretch a little though, and I was wearing thicker atheletic socks at the time so a thinner sock would probably be good too. They looked fantastic though and I'm looking forward to really giving them a go

Nice, I was stuck between taupe and oakwood but in the end went with oakwood.

2. bellyhungry

bellyhungry Senior member

For the Canadians....

The Bay have them on sales this weekend for $79.99.

3. palma

palma Senior member

Who are you guys using for a UK proxy? I have not found a pair I want other than on the Clarks site, so I have been looking for a proxy and no luck thus far.

Thanks,

4. juvefan

juvefan Senior member

For the Canadians....

The Bay have them on sales this weekend for $79.99.

does the bay have more than one model? i've only seen the brown leather ones

5. BRMC_doves

BRMC_doves Senior member

^ Yeah I haven't got around to checking in-store but was wondering if they carried the black suede.

Also...I didn't receive any discount coupon from Banana Republic and today is sunday[​IMG]

6. phxlawstudent

phxlawstudent Senior member

Also...I didn't receive any discount coupon from Banana Republic and today is sunday[​IMG]

I was going to post the same thing. Cheap ass BR... sell me some Clarks dammit!!!

7. snuff_daddy

snuff_daddy Senior member

^ Yeah I haven't got around to checking in-store but was wondering if they carried the black suede.

they send em on WED/TUES nights...since the sales are on WEDs

8. lupin23rd

lupin23rd Well-Known Member

Just wanted to confirm, are these boots unisex?

I saw a place in Canada selling them and they have a branch near me, however the website lists sizes up from 8 in the mens section, while the women's section lists from size 6 up.

Clarks website seems to list

Of course I'm a size 6... but not too keen on wearing a girls boot haha [​IMG]

(Also I keep hearing to size down so these probably wouldn't even fit me well anyways [​IMG] )

9. phxlawstudent

I've seen several websites list them as unisex. GL with a size 6 though, don't think I've seen a website that goes that small.

As for sizing, I sized down half a size from my normal shoe and it fit. Couldn't believe Nordstroms actually had sizes down to 7 mens, but I guess women buy them too. Ok, maybe they might have a size 6 mens... I didn't ask. Apparently they do come in a six mens. Just saw it on Amazon.

PSA: BR has a 25% off $100+ sale going on for two days. I'd rather hold out for 40%, but if anyone's got the itchy trigger finger... just letting you know.

10. BRMC_doves

BRMC_doves Senior member

Sh*t. Doesn't look like I can grab the DBs off BananaRep.

Just found out they have a Canadian site now and they don't carry any shoes.

Looks like they don't ship to Canada through the US site.
    Might have to use a proxy, but will have to look into if it's worth it still.

If I can still get 40% that is still a lot off though...hmmm

11. Timbaland

Timbaland Senior member

You should also check the 40% off coupon you get from BR nefore you buy. My friend gets them and the last one he got listed Clarks in the exclusion.

12. jhosh

jhosh Member

are these beat up oakwoods?

[​IMG]

13. d-nice

d-nice Senior member

You should also check the 40% off coupon you get from BR nefore you buy. My friend gets them and the last one he got listed Clarks in the exclusion.

The last 40% off coupon I received via email said " Not valid on women's shoes, Clark'sÂ[​IMG], AdidasÂ[​IMG], or Chan LuuÂ[​IMG] product". I think the days of 40% off Desert Boots on br.com are over.

14. Spaghettimatt

Spaghettimatt Senior member

Just wanted to confirm, are these boots unisex?

I saw a place in Canada selling them and they have a branch near me, however the website lists sizes up from 8 in the mens section, while the women's section lists from size 6 up.

Clarks website seems to list

Of course I'm a size 6... but not too keen on wearing a girls boot haha [​IMG]

(Also I keep hearing to size down so these probably wouldn't even fit me well anyways [​IMG] )

They do have size 6 mens on Amazon and Onlineshoes.com. I wear a size 6 DB. Failing that though, just buy a women's size 8. They are, in fact, unisex, barring the fact that women's shoes measure two full sizes below men's.

15. phxlawstudent

The last 40% off coupon I received via email said " Not valid on women's shoes, Clark'sÂ[​IMG], AdidasÂ[​IMG], or Chan LuuÂ[​IMG] product". I think the days of 40% off Desert Boots on br.com are over.

sonofa....