1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Clarks Desert Boots

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Jared, Jan 8, 2007.

1. handsometigers

handsometigers Senior member

Missed the sarcasm I see

I guess I did. You know....deserts are freezing at night.

2. robotosan

robotosan Active Member

3. TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES Senior member

No, desert boots were made for the cold weather.

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

4. phaseshift

phaseshift Senior member

Thinking about wearing my sand suede db next week for a vacation to nyc. Is it a bad idea to wear these in cold weathers?
    I wouldn't, it gets very cold and if NYC is wet at the time of your vacation, be prepared to slip every 5 steps(i might be exaggerating a bit) but you will slip nonetheless. The crepe soles are not made for the snow or rainy environment.

5. Expressions Realia

Expressions Realia Well-Known Member

Nice one robotosan!

If you're feet are cold and one pair of socks is not enough.. double up! lol Either

6. dieselman89

dieselman89 Senior member

[​IMG]

How do you keep your soles so clean? Mine are turning black!!!

7. Spyro

Spyro New Member

Hi guys

First virgin post here.

I heard that the navy/blue clarks x ronnie fieg from davidz.com does not actually match the 'actual' colour of the real pair, is this true?

8. TyCooN

TyCooN Senior member

I'm getting sick of my clarks, but I don't know of any alternatives. I love my clarks because I don't give a rat's AZZ about them and wear them through any kind of condition.

9. constantine.

constantine. Senior member

can someone confirm via the stamp on the inside of their shoes that the UK size is one half smaller than the US?

about to make an international order and want to make sure I get the right size.

10. thebunk

thebunk Senior member

I'm getting sick of my clarks, but I don't know of any alternatives. I love my clarks because I don't give a rat's AZZ about them and wear them through any kind of condition.

Congrats on the most confusing post of the day.

11. Pieceofsand

Pieceofsand Senior member

Hi guys

I heard that the navy/blue clarks x ronnie fieg from davidz.com does not actually match the 'actual' colour of the real pair, is this true?

This could very well be true. I bought a pair of Olive Green from DavidZ and the color was off from what they were advertising on their site, by a lot. The actual boots I got look nowhere close to the ones they had,the Olive Green on their site had a very dark color, almost like grey. They definitely need better picture.
    But the Navy Blue looks pretty good though, let me know how they look in person if you do get them.

Also, I got my Beeswax DB from Banana Republic today, the sole were dirty again. What the fuck man...

12. TyCooN

TyCooN Senior member

Congrats on the most confusing post of the day.

I'm sick of my clarks. I'm not a shoe person, so I don't know of any good replacements.

13. mk.ultra

mk.ultra Senior member

I'm sick of my clarks. I'm not a shoe person, so I don't know of any good replacements.

I just got some RJ Colt Oscar chukka boots. The toe area is a little wider than the Clark's so they work better for me. Were only $76 shipped and they look great.

14. TyCooN

TyCooN Senior member

I just got some RJ Colt Oscar chukka boots. The toe area is a little wider than the Clark's so they work better for me. Were only $76 shipped and they look great.

Reminds me too much of Clarks.

15. Spyro

Spyro New Member

This could very well be true. I bought a pair of Olive Green from DavidZ and the color was off from what they were advertising on their site, by a lot. The actual boots I got look nowhere close to the ones they had,the Olive Green on their site had a very dark color, almost like grey. They definitely need better picture.
    But the Navy Blue looks pretty good though, let me know how they look in person if you do get them.

Also, I got my Beeswax DB from Banana Republic today, the sole were dirty again. What the fuck man...

I was thinking of getting a pair of Blue Leather and the Matte black from davidz.com but i saw a number of ppl selling away their matte black dbs and oh well something might be wrong that's why ppl were selling them away. On the other hand i remb a forumer here posted that the actual colour of the blue leather was way too dull from the pictures. Or isit you?

16. gastarbeider

gastarbeider Senior member

can someone confirm via the stamp on the inside of their shoes that the UK size is one half smaller than the US?

about to make an international order and want to make sure I get the right size.

closer to a full size.

17. mas_cerveza

mas_cerveza Well-Known Member

Anyone a size 6?

Nordstrom has a pair of sand for $46.90 + $5.00 shipping = $54.90.

Not bad at all, though I'm guessing 6 is not a common size.

18. robotosan

robotosan Active Member

How do you keep your soles so clean? Mine are turning black!!!
    i havent done anything... I've only owned them for about a month. I just need to get some oil on these puppies though.

19. Pieceofsand

Pieceofsand Senior member

I was thinking of getting a pair of Blue Leather and the Matte black from davidz.com but i saw a number of ppl selling away their matte black dbs and oh well something might be wrong that's why ppl were selling them away. On the other hand i remb a forumer here posted that the actual colour of the blue leather was way too dull from the pictures. Or isit you?

[​IMG]
    This is the olive green I bought. Tell me if the color looks like what they had on their site.

20. dieselman89

dieselman89 Senior member

i havent done anything... I've only owned them for about a month. I just need to get some oil on these puppies though.

Oil? What do you mean? My shoes are like black on the bottom now. It's nasty!