1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Clarks Desert Boots

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Jared, Jan 8, 2007.

1. lemmywinks

lemmywinks Senior member

I hopped on the $57 Amazon deal and my greys arrived today. After a while I figured that they weren't that suede-y at all and I figured they are the distressed grey or saddle grey or some DavidZ shit.

But I highly recommend this color. Goes will with jeans and my khaki chinos. The contrast from the upper and the sole makes it look a little more sneaker-y and familiar so if you're looking for your first pair after 'graduating' from sneakers, give the grey a shot.

The sides of the crepe sole had dirt on it but after I looked around it turns out it is supposed to be like that... Kind of bummed out but the sole is going to get destroyed by me anyway so I don't care.

2. phaseshift

phaseshift Senior member

come on guys post pics of your saddle leathers, with jeans on etc....

3. dieselman89

dieselman89 Senior member

I will go for Clarks.

The AE looks like PVC material rather than genuine leather.

Thats just the photo. I think the black seude will only last like a year or so....

4. handsometigers

handsometigers Senior member

messed up black suede may look bad in the end. never seen messed up black suede DBs though so maybe you'll be the first to show us

5. theclipper

theclipper Senior member

I'm trying to find an affordable pair of boots to go with my N&F skinny guys, anyone have an opinion on whether the Clark Desert boots would pair well? If not, would you offer any other recommendation? I'm new to all of this and feeling a bit lost.

Thanks

6. lemmywinks

lemmywinks Senior member

7. boibleu22

boibleu22 Well-Known Member

I've always wondered, do slim fitting jeans ride up the back of them?

8. theclipper

theclipper Senior member

Clarks are about as cheap you can get for a nice looking Boot. Easily found under $100... But here is a pretty sweet deal that doesn't require coupon and gift card stacking.

http://www.amazon.com/Clarks-Origina...5498206&sr=8-1

Get the GREYs

Yeah I have no problem with the price of Clarks or something somewhat pricier, I was just wondering how these boots would work with N&F skinny guys. I just want to get something that's somewhat affordable and will look nice with the jeans I have.

9. gastarbeider

gastarbeider Senior member

Thats just the photo. I think the black seude will only last like a year or so....
    picked these up 3+ years ago. [​IMG]

10. Pieceofsand

Pieceofsand Senior member

^^ never seem those before. Of course I didn't even know the existence of Clarks about 2 years ago. Mind sharing some details about those sharpe looking DBs?

11. gastarbeider

gastarbeider Senior member

special edition trinidad & tobago stitching. they also had jamaican green and yellow.

12. yoyodunno

yoyodunno Senior member

13. oisin

oisin Senior member

I hopped on the $57 Amazon deal and my greys arrived today. After a while I figured that they weren't that suede-y at all and I figured they are the distressed grey or saddle grey or some DavidZ shit.

But I highly recommend this color. Goes will with jeans and my khaki chinos. The contrast from the upper and the sole makes it look a little more sneaker-y and familiar so if you're looking for your first pair after 'graduating' from sneakers, give the grey a shot.

The sides of the crepe sole had dirt on it but after I looked around it turns out it is supposed to be like that... Kind of bummed out but the sole is going to get destroyed by me anyway so I don't care.

Interesting. I don't really like the fake dirty sides (quite capable of doing it myself naturally) but I'm trying to figure out any other difference between the $59 Amazon greys and the $95 DavidZ greys. Different/nicer leather on the ones from DavidZ? I was gonna go with the black that they had, but they don't have my size and I think grey may be more versatile.

14. grundletaint

grundletaint Senior member

any ideas for replacement laces? one of mine died.

15. rdgn123

rdgn123 Senior member

the amazon grey is suede

16. fobe46

fobe46 Senior member

Thinking about wearing my sand suede db next week for a vacation to nyc. Is it a bad idea to wear these in cold weathers?

17. 300zx1985

300zx1985 Senior member

Thinking about wearing my sand suede db next week for a vacation to nyc. Is it a bad idea to wear these in cold weathers?

No, desert boots were made for the cold weather.

18. handsometigers

handsometigers Senior member

No, desert boots were made for the cold weather.

I dont know about that. My feet are freezing during cold nights, even with wool socks.

19. C-Note

C-Note Senior member

Missed the sarcasm I see

20. Z-Class

Z-Class New Member

Should you oil these shoes? If so any recommendation on what oil to buy?