Clarks Desert Boots

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Jared, Jan 8, 2007.

1. spacemanvt

spacemanvt Senior member

alright i need sizing help... I ordered size 10.5 and 11 DBs... I normally wear 11.5 in shoes...

the 10.5s are alittle snug on the sides and top of the shoe but the length is good
    ... and the 11s are alittle long in the toe for my feet... they dont slide around but kinda feels like im wearing clown shoes...

would it be a better idea to get the snug pair of 10.5s and hope they stretch out a bit? these are suede dbs btw

2. Spaghettimatt

Spaghettimatt Senior member

This is a somewhat silly question. Can anyone comment on how the DBs in Beeswax leather hold up in the snow/rain? I will be moving to Manhattan in September and am looking for a a pair of boots for the fall/winter. Style-wise, I like the DBs but am a bit worried about how practical they will be while walking around the city.

My alternative (sans USA flag obviously) = http://www.zappos.com/chippewa-6-american-made-gq-boot

Any advice?

3. reilly.jake

reilly.jake Member

This is a somewhat silly question. Can anyone comment on how the DBs in Beeswax leather hold up in the snow/rain? I will be moving to Manhattan in September and am looking for a a pair of boots for the fall/winter. Style-wise, I like the DBs but am a bit worried about how practical they will be while walking around the city.

My alternative (sans USA flag obviously) = http://www.zappos.com/chippewa-6-american-made-gq-boot

Any advice?

Holds up just fine for me. They still look nice.

4. blake3030

blake3030 Senior member

Will those matte black ones be for sale anywhere other than DavidZ? Bastards don't ship international.

5. snuff_daddy

snuff_daddy Senior member

nope, and once theyre sold out..u prob wont see em again
    that ronni fieg guy (from davidz) doesnt reproduce any davidz collabs

6. czs

czs Member

Hi guys,

I was wondering if anyone can help me out here, was thinking of buying it online, I usually wear a size 10 US, what size should I order in uk sizing ?

Thanks a lot

7. click here

click here Senior member

alright i need sizing help... I ordered size 10.5 and 11 DBs... I normally wear 11.5 in shoes... the 10.5s are alittle snug on the sides and top of the shoe but the length is good ... and the 11s are alittle long in the toe for my feet... they dont slide around but kinda feels like im wearing clown shoes... would it be a better idea to get the snug pair of 10.5s and hope they stretch out a bit? these are suede dbs btw
    I would say get the 10.5s...they stretch out a bit since it's suede leather. When I first got my clarks boots they were a bit tight too but now I think they are a perfect fit.
    Hi guys, I was wondering if anyone can help me out here, was thinking of buying it online, I usually wear a size 10 US, what size should I order in uk sizing ? Thanks a lot
    I would say a size 8.5 UK or 9 UK

8. TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES Senior member

Would like multiple opinions

Beeswax or Oakwood?

9. Johdus Fanfoozal

Johdus Fanfoozal Senior member

They're giving out 40 percent off coupons (in-store only) at BR for Thursdays in September. You don't even have to buy anything to get the coupons. A clerk just handed them to me as I left the store the other day shaking my head at their overpriced, mediocre fall collection.

Anyway, a lot of BRs around me are now carrying DBs on their shelves. Not a great selection but beeswax, and at least one light and one dark suede are usually in stock.

10. Lanfeustbuc

Lanfeustbuc Well-Known Member

Would like multiple opinions

Beeswax or Oakwood?

Beeswax definitely.

11. Robert

Robert Senior member

fyi re cleaning suede DBs. Mine got kind of trashed/muddy over the weekend. I threw them in the machine on a cold/delicates cycle with some dark Woolite. Let them air dry overnight. Perfect results.

12. bobzemuda

bobzemuda Member

What's the difference between wolf suede and oakwood? They look kind of similar.

I picked up the oakwood because I thought it was going to be darker than it was, and acceptable with khakis, but it looks a little odd. They look great with jeans though.

13. bobzemuda

bobzemuda Member

Any tips on getting the soles to dirty up on the sides quicker?

14. Johdus Fanfoozal

Johdus Fanfoozal Senior member

Any tips on getting the soles to dirty up on the sides quicker?

Stain them with brown shoe cream.

15. ~whip~

~whip~ Active Member

For the Autumn~Winter season which material do you think best for the DBs:

Suede or the beeswax?