• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Clarks Desert Boots

kapli

Reaction score
Anyone know how these fit in size compared to Clark's Wallabees? I have a pair of Wallabees in US size 8.5 and I'm wondering if the same would fit for the Desert Boots?

wannabeagiant

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kapli
Anyone know how these fit in size compared to Clark's Wallabees? I have a pair of Wallabees in US size 8.5 and I'm wondering if the same would fit for the Desert Boots?

I had to size down 1/2 size from wallabees to desert boots.

Vampire weekend

Reaction score
Bought a pair in beeswax. I'll post some pics when they come in the mail!

kapli

Reaction score
I have a size 8 1/2 Wallabees but I couldn't find a size 8 in the desert boots so I had to buy 8 1/2, hopefully they won't be too big. Bought the black suede ones, can't wait
biggrin.gif

spacemanvt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is a weird question and difficult to explain but see if you guys can help me out.

i just received a pair of DBs and something is strange is happening... they fit pretty well except when i walk... occasionaly the left boot fabric seems to sort of catch on something on the instep and make a weird popping feeling/sound on my foot on the outer edge....

its hard to explain... but i do have alot of room in front of the toes so that could explain it but my foot doesnt slide around much...

im hoping it goes away after some wear.
anyone experienced what im talking about?

hattori_gonzo

Reaction score
I'm going to buy a pair of those, but haven't decided yet for the color. I would like to have something that looks good with almost all outfits and colors, all year round. What would you suggest? I like the oakwood, but maybe it's just good for summer with light outfits. Brown seems more classic, but light or dark brown? Grey is cool too? Well what color would you suggest? Here's some pictures of various pairs.

desert_boots_0.jpg

clarks-desert-boots-031109-xlg.jpg

Jkissifitpic.png

travwholefit1.png

MG_35251.jpg

img56476634.jpg

the_great_escape.jpeg

I know, james bond is not wearing clarks desert boots, but it's to show the contrast between light desert boots and dark outfit
quantumford.jpg

BoomDiggs

Reaction score
Originally Posted by spacemanvt
This is a weird question and difficult to explain but see if you guys can help me out.

i just received a pair of DBs and something is strange is happening... they fit pretty well except when i walk... occasionaly the left boot fabric seems to sort of catch on something on the instep and make a weird popping feeling/sound on my foot on the outer edge....

its hard to explain... but i do have alot of room in front of the toes so that could explain it but my foot doesnt slide around much...

im hoping it goes away after some wear.
anyone experienced what im talking about?

I have had a similar experience with shoes that aren't DBs. I have a narrow foot, so I assumed that it is a product of the shoe being too wide for my foot.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Hattori, the choice of color for one's desert boot is highly personal. This is something you must contemplate and decide upon for yourself, grasshopper. Find some time to be alone and sit quietly and breathe in and out--do not seek the answer, and it will come to you.

Vampire weekend

Reaction score
Here we are ladies and gentleman they arrived this afternoon. I took the pictures with my droid x camera so the quality is obviously not as good as my D90... I normally wear a 10.5 in most shoes but with my Un. Click Clarks I wear a 10, so I ordered a 10 in the desert boots Beeswax and they fit great and feel amazing. I wore them from the living room back to the bedroom and i'm already seeing creases at the throat. Oh well, it adds to the style (I think) and can always be polished with some mink oil. Cheers and critique all you want... Btw how do you guys upload photos that are so large? jw...

Flambeur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
obenaufs on beeswax: yay or nay? what are the typical results?

lhk123

Reaction score
anyone can help me?store online will ship worldwide and cheaper for clarks desert boots..
many thx

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads