• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Clarks Desert Boots

Joshua Arson

Reaction score
Nah, I have a pair on the way already. I just would have liked to try some on first to get the sizing 100% right. Thanks, though.

unrated

Reaction score
I went to the local Clarks store and they did a nationwide store search and found a pair of beeswax for me, I already have them. These are great looking shoes, no doubt. I also managed to get my hands on those grey ones, in fact I'm putting the order in today. I saw them in person and they look ******* great even when the sole has all that grime on it.

VictorC

Reaction score
Originally Posted by unrated
I went to the local Clarks store and they did a nationwide store search and found a pair of beeswax for me, I already have them. These are great looking shoes, no doubt. I also managed to get my hands on those grey ones, in fact I'm putting the order in today. I saw them in person and they look ******* great even when the sole has all that grime on it.

Do you like the beeswax or sand suede ones most? Did you see someone wearing the clarks sand suede or did you try them on yourself? I like the sand ones.

xchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
n198501060_30350567_5261.jpg

This is how you wear some Clarks Desert Boots.

unrated

Reaction score
Originally Posted by VictorC
Do you like the beeswax or sand suede ones most? Did you see someone wearing the clarks sand suede or did you try them on yourself? I like the sand ones.
I think most of the colors I wear look better with the beeswax. I just can't wait until my grey suedes come in.
Originally Posted by xchen
This is how you wear some Clarks Desert Boots.
I think thats a great look, but I don't think I could pull that off. I don't have the right face for it. Very cool nonetheless.

grundletaint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i hoofed it to the mall yesterday and, naturally, the clarks store isn't even open yet. had to call a random store and get them ordered, but they're on the way now. allegedly.

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I should be getting mine in 3 days.

grundletaint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
so whatup with crepe soles? i realize they get dirty as bawls, but how do they hold up structurally?

Davidko19

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by grundletaint
so whatup with crepe soles? i realize they get dirty as bawls, but how do they hold up structurally?

x2.

ALso. what is the best way to clean the sole? Any products I should put on the leather to enhance the look?

I just got a pair at teh clarks store on the santa monica promenade today in the elusive beeswax. Wore them for 1/2 the day and there are marks on the side sole already!

Chip

Reaction score
My opinion is that blemishes and dirty soles or whatever else just adds character to the shoes.
If you really cared that much about the soles being dirty you probably wouldnt have bought them if it wasnt for SF.

grundletaint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i couldn't give a rat's ass how dirty they get since they are what's separating flesh from parking lot and whatnot, but they look like pencil erasers that will wear down after use.

VictorC

Reaction score
Originally Posted by unrated
I think most of the colors I wear look better with the beeswax. I just can't wait until my grey suedes come in.

I thought beeswax were always in brown. I didnt know there were many colours in beeswax?

Originally Posted by Chip
My opinion is that blemishes and dirty soles or whatever else just adds character to the shoes.
If you really cared that much about the soles being dirty you probably wouldnt have bought them if it wasnt for SF.

Originally Posted by grundletaint
i couldn't give a rat's ass how dirty they get since they are what's separating flesh from parking lot and whatnot, but they look like pencil erasers that will wear down after use.

Ive just bought some clarks desert trek in mahogany. I was also wondering how you clean, or can you clean the soles if they get dirty.? Like in wearing for many years and look silly like a tramp.

clarity

Reaction score
How did yall get the BR desert boots so cheap they aren't even on the website. And the BR store near me doesn't even have them on the shelf, do I just ask them to order?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads