• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Clarks Desert Boots

spacemanvt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by El Argentino
Through most of August & September BR runs 40% off any full price merch every Wednesday (w/ coupon). Go in and get the coupons and then hit it up.

If you're on their email list too, you can get the 40%s off occasionally for the online store. Helps if your local BR doesn't stock a ton.

Size wise - I typically wear a US 11.5 and got an 11 in the Sand Suede DBs. Fits great.

thanks dude!
I dont live anywhere near a BR though, anyone got any online coupons i could kop?

Johdus Fanfoozal

Reaction score
Originally Posted by nhung2609
Can someone please verify if these are legit or not.

10xwx34.jpg

3 Lace Holes and Non-Crepe Sole

I don't think those are Clarks Bushacres.

Bushacres are pretty much a DB on a rubber sole. Two eyelets. Same stitching. Don't know if it's the same quality as DBs but they look very similar.

See JCPenny for Bushacre pics:

http://www.jcpenney.com/jcp/X6.aspx?...larks+bushacre

word

Reaction score
The DBs Clarks made for BR have 3 lace holes exactly like that. At least the ones 2 years ago did.

casemd

Reaction score
I love Mcalisters and clark boots but I need something that has traction in the winter. Any ideas?

madd_haups

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Johdus Fanfoozal
I don't think those are Clarks Bushacres.

Bushacres are pretty much a DB on a rubber sole. Two eyelets. Same stitching. Don't know if it's the same quality as DBs but they look very similar.

See JCPenny for Bushacre pics:

http://www.jcpenney.com/jcp/X6.aspx?...larks+bushacre

these are not legit and no they aren't bushacres. lookout for some sick new colorways coming out spring 11 though

madd_haups

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Johdus Fanfoozal
Perhaps I'm late on this one, but Clarks Desert Oxfords?

http://bananarepublic.gap.com/browse...scid=771029002

7834_A84_detail.jpg

those are desert kahns. its a pretty cool shoe. technically just a low-top db. also, for sizing, all the originals (desert boots, wallabees etc) you should size down 1 size for your athletic shoe size or buy the same thing you would in dress shoes.

pongityping

Reaction score
I bought those 3 lace holed DBs off eBay for $40 a couple months ago. They are made by Clarks, but they're not in the Originals line. So, I guess they're legit Clarks. The sole is polyurethane foam. Not bad. They've held up pretty well so far. They feel slightly smaller than my other Clarks DBs, in terms of fit.

clark kent

Reaction score
they are bushacres. i sell like 5 pairs a week. i actually work at a clarks store.

twblalock

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend some boots like Clarks with a narrower fit overall, especially in the heel? A leather sole would be a plus as well. And under $200! Leather is ok, since winter is coming and suede in the rain is a lost cause.

My current pair of Clarks are wearing out, and I think I might want to replace them with a slimmer-fitting pair in a similar style. Although they improved after they were broken in, they still slip a little bit in the heels and it annoys me.

tomorrowstars

Reaction score
Forgive me if this has already been covered (I've looked through a lot of these pages, but not all of them).
I've been browsing the UK Clarks site and they have a lot more colour options than in N. America. I love my beeswax DBs (and hate suede shoes), so I'm looking for more in leather.
Does anyone know of a source that ships these UK models to North America?

Johdus Fanfoozal

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tomorrowstars
Forgive me if this has already been covered (I've looked through a lot of these pages, but not all of them).
I've been browsing the UK Clarks site and they have a lot more colour options than in N. America. I love my beeswax DBs (and hate suede shoes), so I'm looking for more in leather.
Does anyone know of a source that ships these UK models to North America?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/

CrispyDuck

Reaction score
Just picked up a pair of dark brown jeans. Wondering if anybody had suggestions as to the color of DBs I should wear them with? Thanks.

awxg

Reaction score
PSA for people in the Toronto area: StyleSense @ Oakville place has Clarks DBs for CDN$79. IIRC, sizes were from 7 to 9 in sand suede, chocolate suede, black suede, and beeswax.

There was also a non-Clarks DB there that looked 10x better but it was a glue job from Italy. $40 and it was a lot sleeker.

Also had some cheap Ferregamos and Bottega Veneta flip flops for $400.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads