Clarks Desert Boots

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Jared, Jan 8, 2007.

1. zw-gator

zw-gator Senior member

they are beeswax bushacres. still made by clarks brand and mostly sold in the clark's outlets. they go for 59.99, if you really want a pair call my store. Clarks/bostonian outlet in Lee, Ma. i can hook you up with free shipping and 15% off. that goes for any clarks/bostonian shoe actually. we've got limited edition desert boots such and the antiqued leather ones and maroon suede. plus im the resident clarks expert so hit me up if yall need anything.

PM me with details.

I'm in Canada fwiw

2. Robert

Robert Senior member

by Beck! come on man.

thank you for your wine, california!

exile is a classic. check out the documentary on netflix instant, it's pretty solid (nothing truly extraordinary or revelatory, just cool footage of the stones then and now).

I bought Exile the day it came out back in 1972. Two copies. Which I own still today, complete with all the postcards. I recently bought the remastered CD. I could play this album every day until the day I die and NEVER get tired of it.

3. Jackal0

Jackal0 New Member

Are the sizes of the sand suede and the beeswax leather the same?

Tried on the suede, but now decided to buy the beeswax via ebay in the US and want to be sure, that I buy the right size.

Further, can someone confirm, that EUR 42 is US 8 1/2?

4. greens11

greens11 Active Member

Are the sizes of the sand suede and the beeswax leather the same?

Tried on the suede, but now decided to buy the beeswax via ebay in the US and want to be sure, that I buy the right size.

Further, can someone confirm, that EUR 42 is US 8 1/2?

I'm precisely a EUR 42, and just bought a US 8.5 at BR with 30% off. It's a little tight right now, but within a week or so I'm sure they'll stretch out and be fine.

5. spacemanvt

spacemanvt Senior member

i finally ordered a pair in 10.5 same size as my chucks... hope the sizing works out!

6. raginberriodoom

raginberriodoom Senior member

Anyone know of any BM/online stores that sell wolf suede or cola suede in the USA?

7. spacemanvt

spacemanvt Senior member

guys how much do these stretch in the toes area? like I said in the post above, i ordered 10.5s in taupe destroyed leather which are my normal chuck size and these feel a bit tight in that area. (on the sides though, the length seems to be fine)

But I can tell these are pretty loose fitting shoes as the rest (ie the back) feel fine.
    is it worth sizing up a half size to 11? i would be concerned if they get too loose from sizing up.

i wear 10.5 in chucks. 11.5 (i think) in purcells, and 11.5 and most other shoes.... sometimes 11... lol

also, if i got a suede db, would it get ruined in the rain?

8. MAINMAN1959

MAINMAN1959 New Member

Anybody got any thoughts on where I can buy Clarks desert boots in Australia?

9. click here

click here Senior member

Anybody got any thoughts on where I can buy Clarks desert boots in Australia?

They're not available anywhere in Australia. You have to buy it online.

10. MAINMAN1959

MAINMAN1959 New Member

Thanks for that. Best online supplier?

11. Johdus Fanfoozal

Johdus Fanfoozal Senior member

12. MAINMAN1959

MAINMAN1959 New Member

OK so I've found what looks to be a promising online company to finally get hold of a pair in Australia. Next the vexed issue of size! Clarks own site recommends buying halve a size up whereas this thread talks alot about getting half size (or maybe more) down!

Confused? yes! Help anyone please!

13. click here

click here Senior member

OK so I've found what looks to be a promising online company to finally get hold of a pair in Australia. Next the vexed issue of size! Clarks own site recommends buying halve a size up whereas this thread talks alot about getting half size (or maybe more) down!

Confused? yes! Help anyone please!

I would say get half or even one size down. I normally wear a size US9.5 or US10 and I got size US9. Fits perfectly.

By the way, what site are you planning to get them from?

14. spacemanvt

spacemanvt Senior member

damn i quite like those oxfords.... might have to kop once i figure out my sizing!

any deals right now for BR or any desert boot places?

15. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

damn i quite like those oxfords.... might have to kop once i figure out my sizing! any deals right now for BR or any desert boot places?
    Through most of August & September BR runs 40% off any full price merch every Wednesday (w/ coupon). Go in and get the coupons and then hit it up. If you're on their email list too, you can get the 40%s off occasionally for the online store. Helps if your local BR doesn't stock a ton. Size wise - I typically wear a US 11.5 and got an 11 in the Sand Suede DBs. Fits great.