1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Clarks Desert Boots

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Jared, Jan 8, 2007.

1. CityofAngles

CityofAngles Well-Known Member

Does anyone know of anywhere i can buy some of these desert boots in a retail store for a good price? or is it retail price everywhere?

2. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

Does anyone know of anywhere i can buy some of these desert boots in a retail store for a good price? or is it retail price everywhere?

They go on sale at JCPenny's alll the time.

3. johndhi

johndhi Member

Can anyone offer an opinion on how these would fare in cold weather? I'm looking to get some boots to wear when my it's 20-30 degrees out and my Keds make my feet hurt. Are the soles thicker, and how about the leather on top?

4. pseudonym

pseudonym Senior member

^ I'm wearing my Burgundy Suede Buschacres (basically DBs) right now in NYC 25-degree weather.

I've found that the socks make the difference. If you pair your DBs with thick wool socks, you're good to go.

PS - I'm wearing Uniqlo Heattech thick socks right now, and my feet are super toasty.

PPS - Don't worry about soles.

5. phaseshift

phaseshift Senior member

^ I'm wearing my Burgundy Suede Buschacres (basically DBs) right now in NYC 25-degree weather.

I've found that the socks make the difference. If you pair your DBs with thick wool socks, you're good to go.

PS - I'm wearing Uniqlo Heattech thick socks right now, and my feet are super toasty.

^ this, and also get some suede protector and spray it genorously

6. johndhi

johndhi Member

7. Kraken

Kraken Well-Known Member

I have never had suede shoes/boots before. Is there a difference between the suede protectors and how "generous" should one be (e.g. several layers). What is the easiest/best product to use (are these sprays?)? I was thinking of getting a suede cleaning kit from Saphire, does that make sense or is there an easier solution and this is a waste of money? Anything else I should consider?

Thanks

BTW: I got the cola's...

8. Jared7

Jared7 Senior member

I wanna pick up a pair in beeswax but the UK site doesn't offer that version. Discontinued?

9. phaseshift

phaseshift Senior member

I have never had suede shoes/boots before. Is there a difference between the suede protectors and how "generous" should one be (e.g. several layers). What is the easiest/best product to use (are these sprays?)? I was thinking of getting a suede cleaning kit from Saphire, does that make sense or is there an easier solution and this is a waste of money? Anything else I should consider?

Thanks

BTW: I got the cola's...

I just got some Kiwi All Protectors from Nordstrom, I sprayed it once waited about 30 minutes and sprayed it again. When I say generous...more than normal I guess. But not tooooo much make sure you get the crevices where the suede meets the sole

10. k4lnamja

k4lnamja Senior member

Angels

Info isn't free but i'll do you a favor. Look back a page or two and read what I wrote. And you're welcome [​IMG]

11. phaseshift

phaseshift Senior member

I wanna pick up a pair in beeswax but the UK site doesn't offer that version. Discontinued?

Amazon still has them up, not sure about international orders for amazon but I'm sure it will work out

12. phaseshift

phaseshift Senior member

Angels

Info isn't free but i'll do you a favor. Look back a page or two and read what I wrote. And you're welcome [​IMG]

I found mine at a Nordstrom Rack, they had beeswax and sand

13. k4lnamja

k4lnamja Senior member

the burgundy suedes are beautiful boots. i just dont have the style to pull them off.

14. Jared7

Jared7 Senior member

Amazon still has them up, not sure about international orders for amazon but I'm sure it will work out

Nice one, I'm on it.

15. k4lnamja

k4lnamja Senior member

as i said before, i bought sand and beeswax over the weekend. i'm not a big fan of the beeswax but bought it anyway in case my mind changed. i dont like leather boots that are "lighter" than the typical dark brown. i heard sno seal or the obenauf's make the beeswax darker.

is this the case? any pics? if i like the look then ill keep. if not, im going to return or can proxy (size 9) bnwob

16. KeepItCln

KeepItCln New Member

Considering swapping the laces for brown. Any one know where to purchase? Much appreciated.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. CityofAngles

CityofAngles Well-Known Member

So i got a chance to check out some Desert Boots today (sand and beeswax). I liked them but the opening of my jeans (Naked and Famous Wierd Guy) where it touches the shoes is too narrow so it looks funny. If i get these shoes, need to get some new jeans then!

Anyone have any pics of them wearing the sand boots casually for ideas?

18. pseudonym

pseudonym Senior member

the burgundy suedes are beautiful boots. i just dont have the style to pull them off.

Blasphemy.

I feel that they go well with everything. They're no different than sand or beeswax.

19. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

So you're saying that the taper of your jeans is too small? As in it sits on top of the boot? I think it can work either way, it might look like a boot tuck if you do it right. You need to have confidence in what you wear!

edit:
    they may or may not have some great stacks too!

20. k4lnamja

k4lnamja Senior member

So i got a chance to check out some Desert Boots today (sand and beeswax). I liked them but the opening of my jeans (Naked and Famous Wierd Guy) where it touches the shoes is too narrow so it looks funny. If i get these shoes, need to get some new jeans then!

Anyone have any pics of them wearing the sand boots casually for ideas?

so, you're saying your jeans are too "narrow" aka tapered?! if so, thats the BEST look. the straight leg look on db's look . . . "young" and just not right. it's my opinion but db's are for the boot wearer that is older and like things fitted.