• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Clarks Desert Boots

bimmernate

Reaction score
Originally Posted by GraphicNovelty
This question

They have made them I guess, now you just have to find them...this place was sold out. (planet sports?)

m_clarks_original_desert_boot_blackleather.jpg

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Dewey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cheap black leather is a terrible idea for a desert boot. Might as well wear your Fonzi jacket with shorts to the beach.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dewey
Cheap black leather is a terrible idea for a desert boot. Might as well wear your Fonzi jacket with shorts to the beach.

Ha ha.

Trapp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone know where to get the "taupe waxy leather" db's that were being carried last year?

I saw a pair of broken in, great looking db's in the wild and i narrowed them down to these. I own and love the beeswax already, but now I want the taupe waxys as well (they are quite different, actually). Problem is, the only place I can find them is bootonline and they only have size 7 adn 13 remaining. I take 9.5.

Any tips / leads?

Atenhaus

Reaction score
Here's my pair of DBs in Taupe Suede. They have about four months of wear on them.

4462344870_b7be80f080_b.jpg

wannabeagiant

Reaction score
I've noticed the heels on my boots are wearing down really quickly. Has anybody tried having a cobbler put on some of those nylon heel plates? If so, how did it work out?

hooya2

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Atenhaus
Here's my pair of DBs in Taupe Suede. They have about four months of wear on them.

4462344870_b7be80f080_b.jpg

sweet
smile.gif

taupe > beeswax

nhung2609

Reaction score
Wow, those look great, my pair from endless just came in the other day.

dfa1987

Reaction score
on the topic of the beeswax - from someone who's had a pair for a while, how much do they stretch out, and how much wear does it usually take? finally got a pair online, but stupidly ordered the US size thinking it was UK, so they're a full size too small (rather than just a half size as recommended).

can't decide whether to keep them or not; on one hand they are disgustingly nice to look at, but they are ruining my little toes something fierce. any ideas?

mikeman

Reaction score
Does anyone have any idea how to clean the soles of some DB. I was in the mud with them, and the **** will not come off.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads