1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Clarks Desert Boots

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Jared, Jan 8, 2007.

1. phaseshift

phaseshift Senior member

you have better pics??

i've been looking for good pics of them to see how the color is in person

I too would like to see more pics, for some reason they look more brown on my screen

2. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

how many fucking people are going to ask if desert boots are good in the rain/snow??

3. phaseshift

phaseshift Senior member

I'm normally a 9.5 and I always buy 9. The leather will stretch so IMO the 9 will turn into a 9.5. This DO NOT do well in rain UNLESS if you use the protector stuff. I bought a can from my local shoe repair guy and he demonstrated how to protect your suedes. Spray it generously once. Let it dry for 10 mins. Spray it generously twice and let it dry. I've worn my and it's been raining hard the past few days. Water gets on it and then its gone.
    I just came back from the Rack and I was so close to buying the beeswax then I saw the line and I was like [​IMG] , with the beeswax I can just use Obanauf Oil right? Since it's not suede

4. phaseshift

phaseshift Senior member

how many fucking people are going to ask if desert boots are good in the rain/snow??

dude seriously chill out, people ask these questions such as myself because it might rain occasionally etc here in California.

What if you're wearing them and its nothing but sunshine all of sudden it starts to rain? Who carries a fucking second pair of shoes around them?

The question is asked so that people who's gone through with them in the rain/snow can chime in and give feedback as to how to protect the boots.

Hold on, now you're gonna say use the search function right? Have you seen how big this thread is? You ask a question and then have to go forward 10 pages to even find your answer. Who's got all day to go through a thread this massive? Now you're gonna say something like there's other threads, well I've seen what happens to people who make a thread about "How does DB fair in the rain?" The same people like you tell them to go search for it...and we've already covered that route in this post haven't we?

5. k4lnamja

k4lnamja Senior member

I just came back from the Rack and I was so close to buying the beeswax then I saw the line and I was like [​IMG] , with the beeswax I can just use Obanauf Oil right? Since it's not suede

I dont know what Obanauf Oil is but I know most SFers use snoseal. Supposedly it's a protectant and makes your boots darker. I'd like if the bees were darker so I might just darken them. BUT, I really wanted brown suede boots so I might sell these or return em

6. phaseshift

phaseshift Senior member

I dont know what Obanauf Oil is but I know most SFers use snoseal. Supposedly it's a protectant and makes your boots darker. I'd like if the bees were darker so I might just darken them. BUT, I really wanted brown suede boots so I might sell these or return em

I'm in a bind man, I'm leaning more towards the Sand colored ones now...

I've got the LL Beans for jeans and also can wear them with chinos. But I can get the Sand also and wear them with jeans...i figured since the boots are already Beeswax, I should go with suede and lighter suede...or dark browm? yay nay?

7. TheDarkKnight

TheDarkKnight Senior member

8. k4lnamja

k4lnamja Senior member

I'm in a bind man, I'm leaning more towards the Sand colored ones now...

I've got the LL Beans for jeans and also can wear them with chinos. But I can get the Sand also and wear them with jeans...i figured since the boots are already Beeswax, I should go with suede and lighter suede...or dark browm? yay nay?

ive always loved the sand. i've a pair of grey's and now the sand. although both are "light", they look different and good depending on what i wear. i think sands look great with jeans but can go with chinos too. i bought some slim fit dockers that were on sale and they look really good with the db's but if they were tapered i think it'd look better.

how do you like the ll beans? those look really good. i dont like the dark brown ones for clarks. something about them makes me not like 'em.

9. phaseshift

phaseshift Senior member

ive always loved the sand. i've a pair of grey's and now the sand. although both are "light", they look different and good depending on what i wear. i think sands look great with jeans but can go with chinos too. i bought some slim fit dockers that were on sale and they look really good with the db's but if they were tapered i think it'd look better.

how do you like the ll beans? those look really good. i dont like the dark brown ones for clarks. something about them makes me not like 'em.

I haven't got them in yet, should be this thursday. But I was in search for a good looking reliable boot that didn't break my bank account and I found a thread on here with the LL Beans and they looked amazing after a coat of Obanaufs and regular use.

what color where the docker's you got?

10. k4lnamja

k4lnamja Senior member

I haven't got them in yet, should be this thursday. But I was in search for a good looking reliable boot that didn't break my bank account and I found a thread on here with the LL Beans and they looked amazing after a coat of Obanaufs and regular use.

what color where the docker's you got?

wait, you're going to put obanauf on your suede boots? i thought obanauf is only for regular leather?

i splurged. grey, navy, black, tan, and olive chinos. haha

11. phaseshift

phaseshift Senior member

wait, you're going to put obanauf on your suede boots? i thought obanauf is only for regular leather?

i splurged. grey, navy, black, tan, and olive chinos. haha

and they look great on the sand DBs?

and I'm putting obanauf on the LL Beans not the suede lol

12. caps

caps Member

Been wearing mine in light snow and rain (D.C., to give you an idea) and haven't had any problems.

13. phaseshift

phaseshift Senior member

wait, you're going to put obanauf on your suede boots? i thought obanauf is only for regular leather? i splurged. grey, navy, black, tan, and olive chinos. haha
    well I caved haha, just went back to nordstrom rack and picked these bad boys up [​IMG] Sand, god they look awesome! I also got some kiwi all protectors will be spraying them tonight in between my study time for a philosophy final tomorrow sigh..

14. k4lnamja

k4lnamja Senior member

well I caved haha, just went back to nordstrom rack and picked these bad boys up

[​IMG]

Sand, god they look awesome! I also got some kiwi all protectors will be spraying them tonight in between my study time for a philosophy final tomorrow sigh..

nice! but those are oakwood's not sand! HAHA (unless if the lighting is diff)

now i want oakwoods

15. phaseshift

phaseshift Senior member

nice! but those are oakwood's not sand! HAHA (unless if the lighting is diff)

now i want oakwoods

you just made me look at the tag again haha, its Sand, its the overhead light in the workarea that makes it look oakwood

16. phaseshift

phaseshift Senior member

here's another shot in different lighting..jesus now they look grey...I must have picked a multi-color-changing one haha

[​IMG]

17. Catalyst

Catalyst Well-Known Member

Just a heads up, but I recently went through the same things you guys are doing, it's hard to decide on what color desert boots is right. I went back and forth for a few days before I finally just broke-down and bought 3 pairs to see what went with my wardrobe the best, and sold off the others.

Right now I'm selling a New in the box pair of desert boots in the rare Cola(UK)/Chestnut(US) suede color. It's discontinued in the US, and only available in the UK. Same color as Steve McQueen is wearing in these pics:

[​IMG]

and

[​IMG]

sz 10 (US) ... yours for $90 and you can't get them anywhere else(except the UK for $150)! I have them listed in the FS section with some pics here: http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=213317

Hope this helps!

18. jesse10

jesse10 Senior member

I have a pair of oak suede and beeswax. BR had them for $60 on black friday.

19. Robert

Robert Senior member

Steve McQueen was so cool. Do a girl like that come with the new shoes? Or is she extra?

20. Dr. Gonzo

Dr. Gonzo Member

Just got the grey saddleback leather dbs from DavidZ, I wanted to wear throughout the winter here in NY so what would be type of seal to buy for them. Has anyone here who purchased the saddleback leather dbs sealed theirs yet? any pics of the results?