1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Clarks Desert Boots

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Jared, Jan 8, 2007.

1. Dick_Diver

Dick_Diver New Member

Does anybody know if the leather desert boots are warm/durable enough for the winter?

2. TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES Senior member

Does anybody know if the leather desert boots are warm/durable enough for the winter?
    They're called desert boots. [​IMG]

3. Dick_Diver

Dick_Diver New Member

yeah ok, i just assumed as they they are in leather they might be warm enough for the winter

4. clarksdb

clarksdb Senior member

Anyone with oakwood like me can you tell me if they look ok with a black coat?

5. Newstyle

Newstyle Senior member

Uh what are these? they are beautiful!

Again...

6. Newstyle

Newstyle Senior member

Anyone try waxing their suede boots??????????

I might buy some black ones and wax them with obeanuaf or snosneal.

[​IMG]

Again... What are these?

7. clarksdb

clarksdb Senior member

8. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

Anyone try waxing their suede boots??????????

I might buy some black ones and wax them with obeanuaf or snosneal.

i waxed my 1.5 year old sand suede dbs with snoseal a week or two before it started getting really nasty in dc

[​IMG][​IMG]

this is them worn today with the new sexdbxsxs12 collab jean

[​IMG]

works really well and went through two rain episodes with them so far. repels water really well but also collects dust in my closet haha

9. TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

Again... What are these?

WW2 Replica Boots. I hear they're not comfortable at all. The darker one is just a suede one that's been waxed.

10. TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

i waxed my 1.5 year old sand suede dbs with snoseal a week or two before it started getting really nasty in dc

[​IMG][​IMG]

this is them worn today with the new sexdbxsxs12 collab jean

[​IMG]

works really well and went through two rain episodes with them so far. repels water really well but also collects dust in my closet haha

Thanks for sharing! Talk about a change.

11. Crump's Brother

Crump's Brother Senior member

I got the greys a week ago. Been wearing them lightly but they're nice and will age well over time. My friend had a photoshoot and I volunteered to model a bit and wore them.

[​IMG]

you have better pics??

i've been looking for good pics of them to see how the color is in person

12. Officer Of The Watch

Officer Of The Watch Member

I'm sure this has been asked before, but how will a pair of Db's beeswax hold up in snow? I'm heading home in a week or two, and will be going from really nice weather to snowy conditions. Should I even bother taking my Db's?

13. handsometigers

handsometigers Senior member

I'm sure this has been asked before, but how will a pair of Db's beeswax hold up in snow? I'm heading home in a week or two, and will be going from really nice weather to snowy conditions. Should I even bother taking my Db's?

You shouldn't bother. You'll most likely be slipping and sliding everywhere.

14. Officer Of The Watch

Officer Of The Watch Member

You shouldn't bother. You'll most likely be slipping and sliding everywhere.

I had a feeling that was going to be the case [​IMG]

15. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

Despite what some may say, you can slip in the rain with your DB.

Damn it was scary when it happened to me, last time i'll be wearing them shoes. And I am not even talking about a downpour... just sprinkling or when the ground is wet with puddles

EDIT:

But it depends... my 2 year old beeswax db was slipping crazy. my new davidz pair of DB was fine in the pouring rain. It depends in the long run the amount of wear and how the sole of the shoe condition is.

16. k4lnamja

k4lnamja Senior member

Fellas,

If you live in the LA area and want DB's/Bushacre's head to Nordstrom Rack at the Howard Hughes Center.

I picked up a sand suede and a beeswax for $30 a piece. But I had credits and so on so the price for you would be $60 each. I could've proxy'd them but its too much work.

They had a lot of sand suedes from 8-11 and about 4 or 5 beeswax from 9-11

gl

17. k4lnamja

k4lnamja Senior member

oh, i'm pretty sure these are bushacre's (better than db's) because the sole is different. rubber? leather? its just not that cheap looking sole the db has.

18. phaseshift

phaseshift Senior member

is this TTS or is it better to do 1/2 size down? I've got a nordstrom rack 5 minutes from my place...I think I'll go there today

how do these fair in the rain?

19. k4lnamja

k4lnamja Senior member

is this TTS or is it better to do 1/2 size down? I've got a nordstrom rack 5 minutes from my place...I think I'll go there today

how do these fair in the rain?

I'm normally a 9.5 and I always buy 9. The leather will stretch so IMO the 9 will turn into a 9.5.

This DO NOT do well in rain UNLESS if you use the protector stuff. I bought a can from my local shoe repair guy and he demonstrated how to protect your suedes. Spray it generously once. Let it dry for 10 mins. Spray it generously twice and let it dry.

I've worn my and it's been raining hard the past few days. Water gets on it and then its gone.

20. k4lnamja

k4lnamja Senior member

Ive heard of other ppl find DB's at their local rack. I spoke to a sales associate and they said the one I mentioned gets the most because 1. it's the biggest store and 2. it fits the "clientele". The one in BH gets diff types of shoes.