Clarks Desert Boots

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Jared, Jan 8, 2007.

1. grundletaint

grundletaint Senior member

2. snuff_daddy

snuff_daddy Senior member

^ya, i just ordered a pair

3. nonissue

nonissue Senior member

4. hamish5178

hamish5178 Senior member

Just an idea: for the suede water-spots, could you just dip the whole shoe in water, then brush them once they've dried (stuffed with paper of course)?

I know that's what I used to do when I spilled water on prints I was developing, just dip the whole thing in water and you can't tell.

5. snuff_daddy

heres a 40% coupon that expires at midnight tonight 6/30

for banana republic...it works on clarks and all new arrivals

one time use only:
    BG48PHQ6FGMT

6. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

THANK YOU FOR POSTING THE MATTE BLACK DB! Been looking for so long thanks!

The matte black is also suede though right? (correction they are nubuck) Damn I used the code above for BR (thanks!) and get the all black suede for about 70 compared to 90, huge discrepancy between quality? Which pair best with some black denim/versatility ?

7. mhpragematter

mhpragematter Well-Known Member

(possibly a search-fail....)

In trying to find comparisons between the J.Crew MacAllister and Clarks DB the only thing I saw was people either bashing the price, or a few comments about the sole being thinner. Pricing aside (SA discount ftw), how does the shoe rate purely on quality?

The store I work at doesnt sell men's shoes, and I'm sure I'll be able to try them on at some point, but basically...is it worth trekking down the MacAllister?

8. as_

as_ Senior member

(possibly a search-fail....)

In trying to find comparisons between the J.Crew MacAllister and Clarks DB the only thing I saw was people either bashing the price, or a few comments about the sole being thinner. Pricing aside (SA discount ftw), how does the shoe rate purely on quality?

The store I work at doesnt sell men's shoes, and I'm sure I'll be able to try them on at some point, but basically...is it worth trekking down the MacAllister?

I purchased a pair of the J. Crew MacAllister Boots in an anchor grey color, but ended up returning them. It's not bad quality-wise; I particularly enjoyed the plush soles of the shoes. But for $135 + tax, you should be able to do better. It doesn't help either that my girlfriend told me they were the ugliest shit ever.

I ended up swapping them out for a pair of these:

http://images.jcrew.com/erez4/erez?s...if&tmp=prdDtIm

I'm enjoying them a lot more.

9. Johdus Fanfoozal

Johdus Fanfoozal Senior member

Anybody ever use a shoe stretcher on a pair of DBs to get a little more room?

10. mhpragematter

mhpragematter Well-Known Member

I purchased a pair of the J. Crew MacAllister Boots in an anchor grey color, but ended up returning them. It's not bad quality-wise; I particularly enjoyed the plush soles of the shoes. But for $135 + tax, you should be able to do better. It doesn't help either that my girlfriend told me they were the ugliest shit ever.

I ended up swapping them out for a pair of these:

http://images.jcrew.com/erez4/erez?s...if&tmp=prdDtIm

I'm enjoying them a lot more.

So you liked em, barring the price.... and your girlfriend hated them. Interesting haha. We get a really good deal on the MacAllisters making them around $65 so the price part is somewhat negated. Thanks for the input, I guess I'll just need to find them and try em on

- Also, Ive really wanted those Sperrys since before I started working here. They made them look pretty sick in all the photoshoots. Just tryin to finally get a pair of b00ts for now though...these will definitely get picked up at some point

11. streetminimal

streetminimal Senior member

Has anyone ordered a pair of DBs off Pediwear? What's the service like?

12. videocrew

videocrew Senior member

i'd also be interested in this

i'm sure they can be resoled, i found this picture a while back of what appears to be clarks DB resoled with a leather sole

[​IMG]

I wish there was an option for leather soles, I like how casual suede desert boots look, i just can't get past that crepe sole, i think its ugly.

Got this response from the guys at Resole America regarding a crepe->leather conversion:
    So if you want it done, resole.com is the way to go. Sounds like they know what they're doing.

13. snuff_daddy

14. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

So would you guys wear these with khaki's or just stick with denim?

15. videocrew

videocrew Senior member

They look great with khakis, especially the beeswax ones. I have a pair of medium blue J. Crew pants I wear them with all the time, and they work with Reds for a casual look when you get tired of boat shoes.