Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Clarks Desert Boots

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Jared, Jan 8, 2007.

1. slappy

slappy Senior member

None. My point is, they're pretty cheap to begin with.

A BMW is like 50k, thats cheap enough, do you really need a sale to buy one?
    -Says any millionaire

A Jet is like 50 million,thats cheap enough, do you really need to think about this purchase?
    -Says any billionaire

2. Flight Bird

Flight Bird Senior member

Well, Sno-Seal won't darken the shoe very much and Obenaufs LP will, so... [​IMG]

Will the darkness of the Obenaufs lessen with wear as they do NWT?

3. Robert

Robert Senior member

It's hard to say for sure.

4. Rompson

Rompson Senior member

Mine did. When I first applied Obenaufs, the almost turned black. Now they're about the same color they were when they were new.

5. TerryWogan

TerryWogan Member

Splash through puddles.
    Uh... Wait for any dirt/water splashes to dry completely and brush the suede lightly with a suede brush (or be careful with a clean polishing brush of some sort). Personally, I use a nail brush really lightly and it works fine. Don't brush too hard though, or you'll wear the suede out really quickly. If there's a really stubborn bit of dirt or whatever, use a damp cloth on the area, wait for it to dry and repeat what I said above. It's all fair and good just washing them with water, but once they dry they'll be marked - that's what the brush is for. You'll get the idea once you start scrubbing them.

6. Pinhas

Pinhas Senior member

Uh...

Wait for any dirt/water splashes to dry completely and brush the suede lightly with a suede brush (or be careful with a clean polishing brush of some sort). Personally, I use a nail brush really lightly and it works fine. Don't brush too hard though, or you'll wear the suede out really quickly.

If there's a really stubborn bit of dirt or whatever, use a damp cloth on the area, wait for it to dry and repeat what I said above. It's all fair and good just washing them with water, but once they dry they'll be marked - that's what the brush is for. You'll get the idea once you start scrubbing them.

Thanks a lot Terry, I will try that.

7. entropy

entropy Member

Forgive me if this was posted, but Endless.com has a pretty good selection of CDBs for 66 bucks.

8. Branches

Branches Well-Known Member

Woah that's awesome, thanks a lot. ^

9. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

Forgive me if this was posted, but Endless.com has a pretty good selection of CDBs for 66 bucks.
    Good call. Plus, it's free 2-day shipping and free returns. Thanks for the heads-up! - Keith

10. otc

otc Senior member

Don't forget 30% bing cash back...

that being said, I want beeswax and they are sold out...how long does endless usually take to restock? Can I order in a different size and then use free return shipping to exchange for my size when it is back in stock (not like beeswax is getting discontinued).

Would I be able to buy it from endless and then exchange them for the right size at a chicago store (say I lost the receipt)?

11. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

Don't forget 30% bing cash back... that being said, I want beeswax and they are sold out...how long does endless usually take to restock? Can I order in a different size and then use free return shipping to exchange for my size when it is back in stock (not like beeswax is getting discontinued). Would I be able to buy it from endless and then exchange them for the right size at a chicago store (say I lost the receipt)?
    I'm not sure this price is going to last; seems like a sale price. What size are you looking for? - Keith

12. otc

otc Senior member

I'm not sure this price is going to last; seems like a sale price. What size are you looking for? - Keith
    I think 10.5 but maybe 10...I was thinking about just ordering the in-stock 11.5 and then hoping that they get the other size in stock during the return/exchange time limit (or exchange the new-in-box shoes to a brick and mortar store under the guise of not having my receipt) Kind of a hassle but I'd deal with it to get a pair for $46 EDIT: Looks like their exchange policy is essentially "return it and order a different one" so while they will honor the price, the bing cashback might go away. Anyone have any luck ordering from one place and exchanging at another (its the exact same product...not like you are screwing them out of anything)

13. Flight Bird

Flight Bird Senior member

Mine did. When I first applied Obenaufs, the almost turned black. Now they're about the same color they were when they were new.

Wicked sick man grazie.

14. terptopher

terptopher New Member

Where do you see 30% cashback on bing?

15. CrazyJew

CrazyJew Senior member

Thanks a lot man! The cheap jew in me was looking to save $40 before I finally buy a pair of clarks, and now I got a pair of sand suedes on the way.