Clarks Desert Boots

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Jared, Jan 8, 2007.

1. Andysrus

Andysrus Active Member

This could be a dumb question, but I was in a banana republic today and they had DBs in what the girl working there told me were beeswax. They didn't have my size in there so I walked next door to the actual Clark's store and found a pair of what the guy there said were beeswax. The thing is though the ones at the Clarks store seemed lighter in color that the ones at BR and I was wondering if it'd be possible that BR for some reason gets a darker beeswax color or perhaps if it was just that one pair. Does BR have their own color that might be darker than the ones you can buy from clarks?

2. max_r

max_r Senior member

This could be a dumb question, but I was in a banana republic today and they had DBs in what the girl working there told me were beeswax. They didn't have my size in there so I walked next door to the actual Clark's store and found a pair of what the guy there said were beeswax. The thing is though the ones at the Clarks store seemed lighter in color that the ones at BR and I was wondering if it'd be possible that BR for some reason gets a darker beeswax color or perhaps if it was just that one pair. Does BR have their own color that might be darker than the ones you can buy from clarks?

might just be from a different batch of shoes. when i was on vacation in england, i stopped by a clarks store and ordered some shoes that were on sale (they didn't have my size in) and when they came in, they were a slightly different color brown than the ones they had up on the shelves.

3. xM.

xM. Senior member

Btw, I would love to see pics of beeswax after the Obenauf's conditioning. Mine will need it eventually and I'm curious what to expect.
    I was in a rush so here are some pretty bad pictures of mine. They were worn, all-season, for about a year-year and a half. Treated with a coat of Obenaufs last week and another yesterday morning. [​IMG] [​IMG] They're maybe a bit lighter in person but that's about what they look like.

4. Trapp

Trapp Senior member

Thx, xM., for the useful pics! Much appreciated...

Wow, the Obenauf's darken them a lot. Everywhere, but especially around the welt. I think I would miss the characteristic colors of the original beeswax when broken in--the several shades of brown and red and rust.

Since the Obenauf's was recently applied I know that the dark, almost wet look of the leather will mellow a bit with wear. But judging by other boots I've used Obenaufs on, it won't mellow much. For the price point, I may just wear my beeswax into the ground and forego treatment altogether. If in 18 months I still love them as much as I do now, I'll just get another pair and start over.

By the way, they kind of look like kudu leather (post-treatment)

5. embowafa

embowafa Senior member

6. Dashaansafin

Dashaansafin Senior member

What colors/style of Clarks are the most versetaile? I have a pair of beesewax already...sand suede or grey? Mostly weaing cords and darker skinny jeans.

7. wannabeagiant

wannabeagiant Senior member

40% off one item at banana republic. Get yourself some cheap desert boots.

DLZGB71BVXD1

8. Hot Dog Day #49

Hot Dog Day #49 Senior member

Whoa.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Oh god I need those

9. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

40% off one item at banana republic. Get yourself some cheap desert boots. DLZGB71BVXD1
    Thank you! I just got myself a pair of beeswax DBs for $64 including shipping. - Keith

10. grundletaint

grundletaint Senior member

here's my busted-ass beeswax. no treatments or anything. [​IMG] [​IMG]

11. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

I should have bought two pairs"”one show dog pair to keep in tip-top and pristine condition, and one workhorse pair looking well-worn and well-loved like those. - Keith

12. Andysrus

Andysrus Active Member

40% off one item at banana republic. Get yourself some cheap desert boots.

DLZGB71BVXD1

this code is now expired, but ONEDAY30 gets you 30% off at banana republic today only (including DBs)

13. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

ONEDAY30 gets you 30% off at banana republic today only (including DBs)
    Free shipping as well (on orders of $100 or more).

14. graphicd

graphicd Member

Here's another one-time use for 40% off: [COUPON USED, SORRY]

Please reply if you use it so others know it's no longer up for grabs.

15. garbanzo

garbanzo New Member