Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Clarks Desert Boots

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Jared, Jan 8, 2007.

1. slappy

slappy Senior member

Definitely higher quality options out there, however they cost significantly more. Clarks are still made pretty well from what I can tell and at the price they are hard to beat, plus they have the original cool factor going for them.

2. Robert

Robert Senior member

Clarks are made in Vietnam, I think. Which is unfortunate philosophically. But in terms of construction, they seem to me about the same quality as when I first wore them in the 1970s.

3. the_state

the_state Senior member

Where can I find DB's in cola suede? Someone help....

4. hboogz

hboogz Senior member

I recently scored a size 12 Harris Tweed 60th anniversary pair of DB's and they are just so fresh. I'm not even sure if I'll ever wear them, but they are aces.. [​IMG]

5. flyguy7

flyguy7 Senior member

^ I'm going through thousands of clothing combinations that I could pull off with those shoes and can't come up with anything. Doesn't matter, those are sick! good kop

6. scribbles

scribbles Senior member

+1 those are amazing. Very difficult to pull off, but wow. [​IMG]

FYI, Macy's has a few pairs of Clarks BS's online, 25% off + free shipping if you use the code MACYSFF (I think the sizes available online are pretty limited though). I went in store and picked up a pair using the same discount. Here is the printable version if you're interested.

[​IMG][/IMG]

7. TerryWogan

TerryWogan Member

Could you upload a slightly larger version? That one won't quite cover the side of my house.

8. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

Would anyone guess what color DBs be best for a black pair of denim? So far I have is 'flint'

9. scribbles

scribbles Senior member

Could you upload a slightly larger version? That one won't quite cover the side of my house.

Unfortunately no. Believe me I tried, but imageshack wouldn't let me upload the 3' x 6' version since it exceeded the maximum file size.

Sarcasm aside, I agree. The image IS huge, but that image was originally a pdf file that was supposed to be printed out and brought into the store. I figured if anyone planned on printing it out, they would likely appreciate having a fulled sized copy of the email so that it would look slightly less bootleg. (Though now that I think about it, Macys would probably accept it either way. Business is business, right?)

10. Trapp

Trapp Senior member

Got my first desert boot today, in beeswax. Took a gamble and sized down a full size. Length is great, but hoping they stretch at the widest part of the boot as they're a bit snug there (they bulge out some at the little toe when weight is transferred onto the foot.) SA recommended I go with this size and store has great policy whereby you can wear for a while and then return for a different size within 30 days. Nice to have a plan B if they don't work.

I'm not going to treat them with anything and see how they evolve. Been fun looking at some of the beeswax evolution pics in this thread--hopefully I'll have some of my own in 6 months.

11. slappy

slappy Senior member

I caved and bought a beeswax pair at Macys. Unfortunately I sized up 1/2 from my previous pair as they felt too tight width wise. Now these are fine with width but too long so my heel slips slightly. Any suggestions beyond thicker socks? Would some kind of insert help?

As for color my favorite color is the oakwood.

12. Riio

Riio Senior member

Would anyone guess what color DBs be best for a black pair of denim? So far I have is 'flint'

i'm sure grey would go good.

13. whereismyshoe

whereismyshoe Senior member

what's the logical "next step up" from desert boots in the chukka boot category?

14. the_state

the_state Senior member

Where can I find DB's in cola suede? Someone help....

tryin to bump this.... really need to get my hands on a pair of these but it looks like clarks put the kibosh on this color

15. snuff_daddy

snuff_daddy Senior member

shoes.com

20% off all clarks...they have more than macys

[​IMG]