• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Clarks Desert Boots

underwearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wear whatever socks it doesnt matter...I think of them as sneakers really, I dont use a shoe tree just throw them in the closet and leave them in thier floppy glory
eh.gif

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Snagged some beeswax and taupe suede at 50% from Banana Republic. Finally, something worth the employee discount

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Hell NO!

underwearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lifted
are desert boots appropriate to wear in a business casual work environment?

doubtfull...The suede could pass for bucks I suppose but the others look like timberlands to me..They are boots afterall

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Unless yr boss wears them. Wanna get promoted, dress exactly like your boss. Learn to talk and walk like him or her too.

DXanatos

Reaction score
It's funny that you say that. My boss wears mostly Banana Republic clothes. Sure, he looks nice, but his look is kind of boring, almost predictable.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DXanatos
It's funny that you say that. My boss wears mostly Banana Republic clothes. Sure, he looks nice, but his look is kind of boring, almost predictable.

Get thee to Banana Republic, son!

wannabeagiant

Reaction score
If anybody has a pair of lightly used taupe suede in 9 or 9.5 to sell, I'm interested.

calvinshow

Reaction score
I actually don't see too huge a problem with wearing a desert boot in a business casual environment. As someone already mentioned, it does depend on your actual job. You may be able to slip them on without many people giving you a second glance but if everyone's staring at your feet...you might want to leave the boots at home.

scribbles

Reaction score
Just because you can get away with wearing desert boots to work doesn't mean you should.

MaxHeadroom

Reaction score
Originally Posted by nakedundermyclothes
I know these aren't db's but stumbled upon these on yoox. Does anyone have any info on these, I've never seen them before.

http://www.yoox.com/item/YOOX/CLARKS.../sr_shoesmen80

clarksskfljjdflk.jpg

It's like cars... once someone invents a popular style, every manufacturer has to have their own version.

Anyway, I have a question.

I managed to try on some Clarks desert boots the other day, and Im actually wondering what all the fuss is about. They seemed ok, but the insole seemed rather "flat", and the boots themselves felt really thin and flimsy.

My opinion is that they're more a fashion item than something practical.

But.... I really like the appearance and style of this type of boot.

Are Clarks the best?
Or are they just good for the price?

Can anyone recommend something that seems more, erm, robust?

Would I be better looking at chukka boots, or are they the same thing?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics