1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Clarks Desert Boots

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Jared, Jan 8, 2007.

1. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff New Member

Piperlime.com has 25% off today. Use code: 25SPREE at checkout.

Clark's Desert Boots included. Hurry before they run out of sizes. This is a sweet deal with free shipping!

I just ordered mine.

thanks man, got the beeswax yesterday. 77 shipped.

went down 2 sizes because thats how the bushacres fit me, hope its the same, at least piperlime has a good return service

2. Charlatan

Charlatan Senior member

No one here has oakwood? That is surprising considering they seem to kind of be the main color of DB. I just want to see how they would look like beat up. I've only worn mine a few times so far.

[​IMG]

Here are my Oakwoods - excuse the crappy iPhone photo.

3. thatoneguy

thatoneguy Senior member

for the people wearing the suedes, are you guys waterproofing them before wearing? i already have some denim bleed on mine, should i still bother waterproofing them?

I didn't waterproof. I like the denim bleed on mine

4. panyen

panyen Active Member

Piperlime.com has 25% off today. Use code: 25SPREE at checkout.

Clark's Desert Boots included. Hurry before they run out of sizes. This is a sweet deal with free shipping!

I just ordered mine.

I believe the discount is down to 20% today (rather than the 25% it was yesterday). My purchase already showed up in eBates (even though my shoes won't ship until November 8 and my credit card hasn't been charged yet), and it was more than I expected, so my total cost is only $60.56 shipped for size 10, taupe distressed.

My experience with eBates has been positive, and you can't beat $60 bucks for a pair of these... Especially when those Payless ones will run you $46 with shipping.

5. panyen

panyen Active Member

ebates is an awful service as far as my experience with them. after placing 4 orders through them I never got cashback even once. It took an e-mail follow-up rant after my 4th order for them to acknowledge even one order. As such, I wouldn't recommend the service at all unless you have a lot of free time to waste dealing with their customer service for every order you place through them. makes me long for the good ol' days of BCB, its a shame Microsoft discontinued it. oh, and <3 the tintin avatar btw.

As noted in my post above, my eBates already showed up and was more than I expected, and my AMEX hasn't even been charged yet. But mostly thanks for the Tintin love... can't wait until the movie comes out next year.

6. clarksdb

clarksdb Senior member

[​IMG]

Here are my Oakwoods - excuse the crappy iPhone photo.

Sweet! Thanks for posting that mate. How old are they?

7. kickstart

kickstart Senior member

I didn't waterproof. I like the denim bleed on mine

I waterproofed mine like crazy and my denim is bleeding on them a lot still...except i'm not sure i like it!

8. huggi

huggi Active Member

9. snuff_daddy

snuff_daddy Senior member

ya their selection obliterates ours over here, sux they dont ship to the US and you have to use a proxy

some UK-only colors hit stores that ship internationally like ASOS.com, but i think asos charges a lot more for clarks

10. BRMC_doves

BRMC_doves Senior member

^Damn I want a pair from the UK shop. Can any SF members provide a proxy service?

I would say I'm a true 10.5 US...they're mostly sold out of the style I want, but they do have a UK 10. Based on their conversion it looks like I'd be going true to size. I was definitely planning on going down a 1/2 if I ended up getting a suede pair...but I kinda prefer these leather ones. Too much rain where I'm from.

Will I be able to walk in these or will they be HUGE?

edit: Asos has a nice leather pair as well but not in black.
    Would I grab a UK 9, which equals a 9.5. Just worried about going down a full size because sometimes I can get away with a sz US11 too

11. LooseChange

LooseChange Senior member

desert boots are everywhere at ucla. everywhere.

12. bearwitness

bearwitness New Member

i feel like desert boots are everywhere

13. hboogz

hboogz Senior member

I'm curious if the clark uk releases are available in Tokyo. If so, can anyone confirm where?

14. bassmanpatsfan18

bassmanpatsfan18 Senior member

Clarks UK releases are available in France. I just bought a pair of the Tan Antiques at the Clarks store in the 6th. I'm not usually much of a Clarks fan, but these were too nice to pass up. They are more expensive here than in the states, but, well, what isn't.

15. hboogz

hboogz Senior member

These have probably been posted here before, but fuck it, these are murder. [​IMG]

16. pronxs

pronxs Senior member

better pics from rakuten. [​IMG]

17. Charlatan

Charlatan Senior member

Sweet! Thanks for posting that mate. How old are they?

They are about six months old.

18. kapli

kapli Member

I have a pair of Wallabees in 8.5 that fit me really well, however when I was downtown trying out a pair of desert boots in black suede they were really tight on top of the foot when I was trying 8.5, and they didn't have anything bigger. Could there have been something wrong with the shoe? I usually have pretty small feet.. They fitted well in terms of length, but they were just too tight on the top of my foot so I had to struggle to get them on. I guess I'll go try another pair.

19. thebarsmydestination

thebarsmydestination Senior member

any suggestion to level-up from clarks DB. maybe loake, grenson, opening ceremony? alden's too rich for me. maybe not crepe sole.

I find the DBs that Vanishing Elephant puts out to be really handsome.

http://needsupply.com/desert-boots-in-navy.html

[​IMG]

I usually don't like anything Frye puts out, but their "Manny" chukka is also pretty appealing. Don't get it in black.

20. hboogz

hboogz Senior member

They released a grey one that looked more black. Revolve had it for a minute, but they are all out. I'd love to get my hands on a purr.