1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Clarks Desert Boots

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Jared, Jan 8, 2007.

1. snuff_daddy

snuff_daddy Senior member

The main difference between the two is the rubber sole, I have a pair of bushacres and for the $50 I paid I'm happy.

i think the beesewax leather material is noticeably different on both models in person

2. Radagast

Radagast Senior member

Last edited: Oct 23, 2011
  3. clarksdb

clarksdb Senior member

not my pic, and not denim, but u get the idea

[​IMG]

Thanks! What's your take on the style? I'm not sure about it but think I should give it a try as Im having a hard time not having my socks show when I don't fold. I think socks showing looks better with the pant folded than not folded.

4. snuff_daddy

i think clarks look better worn casual like this: image: D-rizzle from SUFU [​IMG]

5. Chie

Chie Well-Known Member

got my size 8 Taupe Suede, fit perfectly, feel strange at first but became comfy after one hour of wearing...

look very nice with my APC NS [​IMG]

6. GQ1

GQ1 Senior member

Piperlime.com has 25% off today. Use code: 25SPREE at checkout.

Clark's Desert Boots included. Hurry before they run out of sizes. This is a sweet deal with free shipping!

I just ordered mine.

7. GQ1

GQ1 Senior member

8. aphextwin07

aphextwin07 Senior member

9. panyen

panyen Active Member

If you use eBates.com, you can get an additional 15% rebate on your order from Piperlime. Depending on where you live (this will affect how much tax), you can get a pair of Desert Boots for ~$66 total.

I started using eBates a couple months ago, and got my first rebate check ($11) in the mail this week, so they will send it.

I just paid $66.30 (using 25SPREE code + taking into account eBates rebate), and got them in Taupe Distressed, size 10.

It seems like a lot of sizes are out of stock or back-ordered. Mine will not be shipped until November 8... [​IMG]

I had been looking at these for a long time, though, so I think I can wait a bit longer to get them at a great price.

Nice thing about Piperlime is that I can return them for free if I get them and they aren't what I expect.

Piperlime.com has 25% off today. Use code: 25SPREE at checkout.

Clark's Desert Boots included. Hurry before they run out of sizes. This is a sweet deal with free shipping!

I just ordered mine.

10. snuff_daddy

11. aphextwin07

aphextwin07 Senior member

If you use eBates.com, you can get an additional 15% rebate on your order from Piperlime. Depending on where you live (this will affect how much tax), you can get a pair of Desert Boots for ~$66 total. I started using eBates a couple months ago, and got my first rebate check ($11) in the mail this week, so they will send it. I just paid $66.30 (using 25SPREE code + taking into account eBates rebate), and got them in Taupe Distressed, size 10. It seems like a lot of sizes are out of stock or back-ordered. Mine will not be shipped until November 8... [​IMG] I had been looking at these for a long time, though, so I think I can wait a bit longer to get them at a great price. Nice thing about Piperlime is that I can return them for free if I get them and they aren't what I expect.
    ebates is an awful service as far as my experience with them. after placing 4 orders through them I never got cashback even once. It took an e-mail follow-up rant after my 4th order for them to acknowledge even one order. As such, I wouldn't recommend the service at all unless you have a lot of free time to waste dealing with their customer service for every order you place through them. makes me long for the good ol' days of BCB, its a shame Microsoft discontinued it. oh, and <3 the tintin avatar btw.

12. Lane

Lane Senior member

payless? really?

ballin [​IMG]

13. Cheese1

Cheese1 Senior member

14. thatoneguy

thatoneguy Senior member

are these beat up oakwoods?

[​IMG]

they are taupe suede

15. clarksdb

clarksdb Senior member

No one here has oakwood? That is surprising considering they seem to kind of be the main color of DB. I just want to see how they would look like beat up. I've only worn mine a few times so far.

16. streffert

streffert Active Member

I just picked up a pair of Beeswax yesterday, i normally wear a 14, but the 13 felt snug and will break in a little im sure. I got them for $69.99 at DSW, no tax in MN, they also had sand and a darker color i dont remember. I might go grab the sand as well.

Then I saw 2 pairs last night at the Twins game, they certainly are comfortable, but need some breaking in.

17. snuff_daddy

^i assume u got the clarks DB clarks bushacres, the regular beesewax are better IMO [leather and sole]

18. clarksdb

clarksdb Senior member

I had originally sized down 1 but I got blisters on my feet! So i returned it and just sized 0.5 down. Now though I might need to buy a bit longer pants as it's hard to keep my socks from not showing.

19. pronxs

pronxs Senior member

any suggestion to level-up from clarks DB. maybe loake, grenson, opening ceremony? alden's too rich for me. maybe not crepe sole.

20. d4nvu

d4nvu New Member

for the people wearing the suedes, are you guys waterproofing them before wearing? i already have some denim bleed on mine, should i still bother waterproofing them?