• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Clarks Desert Boots

mr. burns

Reaction score
i didn't like the brand new beeswax color. i darkened them with chelsea leather food and i liked it a lot more. and they're not even worn down. just dirty. :]

givemefive

Reaction score
D boots have two different soles. One is more substantial crepe than the other. The beeswax version always (to my knowledge) has the more substantial sole. The suedes are harder to find with the thicker sole but I'm keeping my eyes out for some on sale. I want some greys. Mine got really dark after keeping them in my closet all summer. They are dirty from all the rain in the bay this week but here's an idea:
2vi5jzc.jpg

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
The beeswax always remind me too much of Doc Martin boots. I much prefer any of the suede colors.

amnesiac

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Robert
The beeswax always remind me too much of Doc Martin boots.

Except for the shape of the toe, the stitching color, the color and type of leather, the color and texture of the sole, the height of the boot.

I got my dad a pair of beeswax DBs and after some sno-seal they darkened nicely and they're better than the other clarks he was casually wearing before.

underwearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The problem with non-suede clarks is that when you are actually wearing them all you see is the toe and a bit of the laces so they kind of look like timberlands or any generic boot.

IMO

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
That might be more what I'm getting at. They look to me like any other leather boot. Suede does something else to them.

gastarbeider

Reaction score
the beeswax actually look pretty good. at least in photos. don't recall seeing them in person before. who gives a siht if someone thinks the look like timberlands, or doc martins? anyway, i did a rudimentary search, and apparently there is no mention of my impulse buy db's from 3 years ago.
cttdb.jpg

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Clarks? Have never seen any w/ the stitch at base of tongue or the red stitch.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
My grey seude after 2.75 years of fairly regular wear. They've been through rain, snow, dewy spring grass, sun, everything. Still holding up fairly well.

004-9.jpg

mr. burns

Reaction score
just wish they didn't give me knee pains when wearing them multiple days in a row. got some insoles and they didn't help.

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bought some "beeswax" desert boots off ebay about a bit over a month ago. Sized down half a size, ordered the beeswax because i think it's the most versatile of the bunch, being that it can be worn in the rain, and the colour goes with a lot.

When they arrived they looked more like the "taupe distressed" colour. The colour really grew on me and I love them for their comfort and versatility.

Anyway, tonight i decided to put some generic leather conditioner/protector on them. It darkened the colour significantly to more what i originally thought the beeswax colour would be. I'm actually a little disappointed, because the distressed taupe had really grown on me. You can clearly see in the picture which boot i put the conditioner on.
DSC00213.jpg

I've just ordered some grey suede ones, as i think they'll be pretty versatile too. I could see myself ending up with a lot of DBs...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads