Clarks Desert Boots

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Jared, Jan 8, 2007.

1. JonB27

JonB27 Senior member

I have the Sahara's in the same size as my Chucks and they fit perfectly..

2. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Will these shoes' vamp stretch a bit more? I got the BR Sahara Boots and it is very difficult to put on due the vamp being a bit tight for my foot. It also fits tight in that area when worn. I like the boots but I'm not sure if I should return it or would it stretch out and eventually fit to my foot?

3. corleone

corleone New Member

How much the actual price for this shoe? I would like to buy one later, seems like it very comfortable.

4. gdc_2008

gdc_2008 Senior member

I ended up taking the 8.5s back and got a 9. I lucked out that my local BR had one 9 left. I originally got the same size as my Chucks, but I've now come to realize that my Chucks are too small too [​IMG] The 9 in the Sahara is perfect. I think the beeswax looks fine with dark jeans, but what do I know?

5. Lovegasoline

Lovegasoline Active Member

FYI, my foot measures an 8.5 US, width between C-D. I have a high arch and this makes the top of my foot a bit high. I have a size 8 in Sahara/Beeswax. I put a small cushion insole inside to make the boot a bit more comfortable.

When new, it was VERY difficult to get my foot into the boot (not because of the length of the boot, but because of my high arch and where the eyelets were positioned). I needed a shoehorn to get my feet in (and even took one with me in my pack, for ex., to the gym).

I've owned them about a month now and within the first 2-3 weeks they stretched enough to the point that I no longer need a shoehorn because of my high arch. They also stretched a bit at the widest part of my foot.

The fit is very comfortable now. I've had lots of 'foot focused energy' recently and am waiting for receipt any day of a pair of custom orthotics from a podiatrist. I'm hoping to swap out the aftermarket insole with the orthotic, and that the orthotic will not take too much volume in the boot...and make it tight again. Even if it does, I'm confident the boot will stretch even more.

THe beeswax finish at first seemed to register every strain point (i.e. when putting it on, there would be lighter marks temporarily where the leather was stressed). Those stress marks would vanish as soon as the pressure was removed (I didn't mind them as there's a more a rugged appearance and slightly distressed lok expected of the beeswax). As the boots wear they age nicely and take on character without looking beat-out.

Proviso:
    YMMV with regard to fit.
    YMMV as regards aesthetics and what you find beautiful in shoe.

6. anonymouz

anonymouz Senior member

With the BR versions, they keep rubbing on my heels when I wear them. Everything else is fine. Anyone else have this issue? Any solutions? By the way, I wear long socks with them.

7. jcastelli

jcastelli Member

FYI, my foot measures an 8.5 US, width between C-D. I have a high arch and this makes the top of my foot a bit high. I have a size 8 in Sahara/Beeswax. I put a small cushion insole inside to make the boot a bit more comfortable.

When new, it was VERY difficult to get my foot into the boot (not because of the length of the boot, but because of my high arch and where the eyelets were positioned). I needed a shoehorn to get my feet in (and even took one with me in my pack, for ex., to the gym).

I've owned them about a month now and within the first 2-3 weeks they stretched enough to the point that I no longer need a shoehorn because of my high arch. They also stretched a bit at the widest part of my foot.

The fit is very comfortable now. I've had lots of 'foot focused energy' recently and am waiting for receipt any day of a pair of custom orthotics from a podiatrist. I'm hoping to swap out the aftermarket insole with the orthotic, and that the orthotic will not take too much volume in the boot...and make it tight again. Even if it does, I'm confident the boot will stretch even more.

THe beeswax finish at first seemed to register every strain point (i.e. when putting it on, there would be lighter marks temporarily where the leather was stressed). Those stress marks would vanish as soon as the pressure was removed (I didn't mind them as there's a more a rugged appearance and slightly distressed lok expected of the beeswax). As the boots wear they age nicely and take on character without looking beat-out.

Proviso:
    YMMV with regard to fit.
    YMMV as regards aesthetics and what you find beautiful in shoe.

I wear a custom orthotic and I could barely fit my foot into my Saharas when I first got them; I had to loosen up the laces a lot. The top part of the boot was so tight and uncomfortable that I debated returning the pair, but I kept wearing them. They've since stretched and feel much more comfortable now (both leather and suede versions). My beeswax pair started looking distressed the first time I put them on since the top area was so tight, but I rather like the inconsistencies in the leather.

8. Robert

Robert Senior member

Anybody into the Desert Treks--or should we start a separate thread? I have a pair in the beeswax (in addition to two pairs of the Boots). I love them just as much as the boots, but they seem to suit a different purpose for me than the Boots. I like the Treks more as fall/winter wear, especially with jeans or very casual khakis, whereas the Boots seem more versatile, easy to wear all year round and with a variety of attire.

9. VictorC

VictorC Senior member

I want a pair of Sahara boots now. It is the first time i have ever wanted a pair and im getting on a bit now as well, so im a late starter. I think the knowledge that World war officers wore them that is a bit appealing.
    Im looking at the clarks sahara in sand colour. I doubt the world war officers actually wore clarks though.

10. mattyb124

mattyb124 Well-Known Member

Just picked up a pair of Sand suede desert boots size 10.5 (i wear 10 in chucks fyi), which are pretty sweet. I originally got the distressed grey but i didnt end up liking them that much. Anyway what kind of suede protector should I get if any? Thanks in advance.

11. inviscid

inviscid Senior member

Same boots as above in 9.5 came in today. I also wear a 9.5 in chucks, and these are perfect.

12. sky140885

sky140885 Well-Known Member

I own a Sand suede desert boots and like it so much that I bought another in black leather.. US size 8 in chucks and clarks DB.

13. VictorC

VictorC Senior member

I own a Sand suede desert boots and like it so much that I bought another in black leather.. US size 8 in chucks and clarks DB.

What you mean a pair of black leather chukkas, and a suede clark DB.

Does anyone like the cola suede clark Desert boot?

14. Willsw

Willsw Senior member

I got in on that $20 BR Sahara joint, in waxed leather. Unfortunately, I think the color looks like shit. Is there an easy way to take off the wax and re-dye, or at least darken these? I'm not too in love with them and would be very up to dangerous experiments, chemicals, acids, diluted acrylics, anything really.

15. Calden

Calden Senior member

Does anyone know where I could buy some Clark's desert highs? I would like to buy in the U.S., but I can't find them anywhere. Is this a Japan only thing? If so, does anyone know of any places I could have a proxy pick up? Thanks in advance for any help.

[​IMG]